Second Skin Audio

How much port should this 4th order have?

BEEMDUB

I have no fourth order experience, but I can suggest using barbed insert nuts to attach the front piece so you can easily remove it anytime you need to access the subs. I've seen them used alot for removable ports. In fact, Steve Meade used them for the plexi on is isf box build.

Edit- actually they are called BARBED INSERT NUTS, not hurricane nuts.

I think I'm gonna use barbed insert nuts I don't see one of those comin out especially if use some glue to keep em in

I have no fourth order experience, but I can suggest using barbed insert nuts to attach the front piece so you can easily remove it anytime you need to access the subs. I've seen them used alot for removable ports. In fact, Steve Meade used them for the plexi on is isf box build.

Edit- actually they are called BARBED INSERT NUTS, not hurricane nuts.

I think I'm gonna use barbed insert nuts I don't see one of those comin out especially if use some glue to keep em in

Yea just put a dab of CA glue on em and I think you would be golden. And space em no more than 3" apart all the way around.

Call the manufacturer and talk to the techncal support there, some of them are extremely helpful. Plus they can probably give you an answer in a couple minutes, forget emailing them, just call. To get the subs out you need a removable section of box to gain access. I guess you could double up one side and cut the inner sheet a little smaller of a hole so you could just screw on the panel.

3cuft??

Lol

Jesus.

Waste of time

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

3cuft??

Lol

Jesus.

Waste of time

What?

no expert on 4th either

but ive always been told, built recommended sealed, then build what ever you want ported as long as its somewhere around recommended ported and youll be fine.

sa124th.png

if you build 2 separate boxes you can use t-nut to join boxes like i have drawn

edit

forgot

2.2cuft sealed (1.1cuft each)

3.9cuft ported @ 42hz

hmm thats an idea i actually thought of too seems like it would be a pain in the ass I was thinkin use a bunch of...*Edit* nvm lol L brackets wont work

Archived