Second Skin Audio

How much port should this 4th order have?

BEEMDUB

no expert on 4th either

but ive always been told, built recommended sealed, then build what ever you want ported as long as its somewhere around recommended ported and youll be fine.

sa124th.png

That is a beutiful box that would slam...but take up my whole trunk. I would make the port vertical and come off the back window thru the rear deck, awesome work dude.

I might have to have you do one for my Malibu.

no expert on 4th either

but ive always been told, built recommended sealed, then build what ever you want ported as long as its somewhere around recommended ported and youll be fine.

sa124th.png

That is a beutiful box that would slam...but take up my whole trunk. I would make the port vertical and come off the back window thru the rear deck, awesome work dude.

Haha thanks man I hope mine turns out good but I gotta little bit more learning to do before I design one for someone else :P

ha you're planning on building a box before you know anything about it?

Don't know what the box is tuned to. Port looks a tad small, and too long, so probably tuned too low.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

make the port shorter. if you tune that low, you're gonna need one hell of an impressive mid stage to compensate for the roll off

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

make the port shorter. if you tune that low, you're gonna need one hell of an impressive mid stage to compensate for the roll off

That could have been the resion why most of my boxes sound really good and loud down low but can never get a good balance, as I always tune 45-48hz

Edit

I have seen some done around 20-25sq" per ft port at 50-60hz before and they did sound good as a complete package but never hit the lows as loud

Here is a pic of what your baffle should look like:9f7ad601.jpg

I couldnt find a picture of a removable port but I think you will get the idea. :D

Hows this look guys I'm sure you can figure it out but blue = fixed baffle, Green = the two fixed side pieces that will be flush with the removeable port and the red is of course the removeable port that I resized to 8W X 8H X 12D

baffle-portcolorcode2.jpg

baffle-portcolorcode.jpg

baffle-portcolorcodedimensions.jpg

no expert on 4th either

sa124th.png

X2 I have a '98 Bu.

I'm considering a 4th order and putting the port through my armrest as well. It just bothers me having my back seat down all the time and everyone seeing all my equipment with them sealed into the cab.

Lane AKA HeroKight

'96 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4x4

R.I.P. Molliboo

$200 for new tires, on a jeep!? Is she stealing them or building them with a heat gun and rubber bands?

You hear that????

That's a category 5 shit storm coming

n8: hey you doing today. What's it like being a bitch? you can pm me if you'd like to explain why you arent one. Just like you did for your vs threads.

^^^Rules. Follow them.^^^

Archived