Second Skin Audio

Hey guys, I've went ahead and ordered my ZCON 12 this past week and I was just wanting some additional advice on box size. I'm going to be running the BRZ2100.1D at 1 ohm, so the sub should see right around 2100 watts. The sub has an RMS rating of 2250 watts. It will be inverted in the trunk of my Cavalier (better cooling/thermal handling?), and my maximum box dimensions will be 14.5Hx34Wx20D. I have plenty of space to work with, but I was just wondering what sort of net box space I should be looking for since I'll be running right around RMS to the sub.

SSA recommends 1.75-2.5 ft^3 ported, or 2.5-3.25 ft^3 ported optimal. I was planning on doing 2.4 ft^3 with probably 39 in^2 (13Hx3W) or 42.25 in^2 (13Hx3.25W) of port area.

I just want some opinions on whether or not I should make the box smaller since I'm running near RMS power, or what. I'll be sending them an email as well but just figured I might as well see if there are any ZCON owners with previous experience to offer. Thanks!

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

You should be fine with that size, just depends what's your tuning frequency.

Edit - you know what, after box rise, you should be fine with that size. You know you won't be seeing that 2100 every time right?

Edited by carlosg_313

How do the Japanese feel about bass?

You know that since 03/11/11

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

im pretty sure the op wont even notice if it gets even smaller.

Refs - Pstone11, porksoda, coleman

I would do 3^3 after displacement with 14^2 per tuned to 34

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

I was thinking of trying 32Hz with either ~16.25^2 per or ~17.6^2 per. I listen to a lot of BigPimpin/Decaf in addition to non-boosted/slowed music. And why shouldn't I invert?

Theres only one way to find out if that works........you know what I mean. Trail and error. LOL

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

I was thinking of trying 32Hz with either ~16.25^2 per or ~17.6^2 per. I listen to a lot of BigPimpin/Decaf in addition to non-boosted/slowed music. And why shouldn't I invert?

Theres only one way to find out if that works........you know what I mean. Trail and error. LOL

Yeah, I was thinking I might have to end up doing that to be honest. Build 2 different boxes and see which one suits my needs better. Would just be a pain in the ass to do...

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

trail-and-error-men-s_design.png

:lol:

Edited by TeamHT

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

trail-and-error-men-s_design.png

:lol:

Icing on the cake, with a cherry on top. LOL

I would do 2 different frequencies, reason why because you may never know if your car would lowering the tuning on your box, or have a low peak resonance frequency. Just my .2

Edit - *saved image on phone*

Edited by carlosg_313