lets see your rear fill !

Also ... If you put too much power on rear fill, It will draw back your front stage ... This is NOT what we want to happen here ...

I know it, had the best sound of Germany in my class.

nice ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Also ... If you put too much power on rear fill, It will draw back your front stage ... This is NOT what we want to happen here ...

I know it, had the best sound of Germany in my class.

nice ...

Yep, longer time ago.

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

just ordered my tweeters for the a-pillars and my speakers for the rear fill !!! i mocked up some 5.25s in the back to see what it was going to do and i was surprised to hear how much depth it gave my audio, i have a small car and cableguy can attest to that but adding that little bit in the rear made the whole car seem bigger when listening to the stereo !!

i cant wait to get the tweeters in the a-pillar to bring my whole stage up and out and the rears to add the depth !!! should sound VERY good when its done and over with !! will update build log with pics once they arrive !!!

• 3 months later...

ok i already have a general idea of how i am going to do my rear fill in my car been talking to some very knowledgeable people about it but just want to get some other ideas and just see how other sq guys have there rear fill ! pictures and descriptions are always appreciated ! thank you guys !

Rear fills I have used: CDT, DLS or PHD are real good sounding. Rear fills i have used and do not recommend: JBL, Focal, Polk or Infinity. Hi end was not friendly to give a balance for what rear fill is meant to be. Even running 8 band eq & Audison bit ten. Really well deadened but still could never make it user friendly.

• 4 weeks later...

I have not always used rear fill, but its nice for the kid in the back and for movies. I have now Eclipse 8365 6.5" coax. I use it for back seat passengers, and to help get the sound out a bit farther to the sides, nice wide stage.

OiRYFHf.png

////Alpine, Eclipse, Load Boss, Pheonix Gold, MB Quart,Digital Desings, Memphis, Stinger, Periphial, MTX, Visualogic

Mine might have to go away ... got some BIG plans on the way for my truck ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

i thought people used some speakers in the rear to accent the rear, not a dominant sound but somewhat of an accent

Rears should be used to help with rear ambience and to enhance wider stage width

most people are scared that rears will draw their stage back, so they don't use them ...

I know I have been out of competing since like 92, but I rememer rear fill was something you got judged on. Have the rules changed?? And I know I prefer to have rear fill. I dont want my ride to sound like a concert woth everything up front, I like it to sound more like my living room with sound all the way around.

Teh wall of BLUES subs??

tumblr_m6ulylYUjg1qbslqgo2_400.jpg

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Teh wall of BLUES subs??

tumblr_m6ulylYUjg1qbslqgo2_400.jpg

LOL ... No, but some MAJOR changes to the front stage ...

I doubt it will be complete, but I'm hoping the rough install should be done and testing by "Memphis Meet Up" in March ...

Archived