Sonic Electronix

1/0 Guage To 4 Gauge Reducer Not Working

Hey guys, I have some issues. I am about to setup two 15" L7s so I am running one line of 1/0 gauge wire. So today when I went to put the reducers into my cap and into my amp they wouldn't fit even though the fittings on the cap and the amp are 4 gauge fittings. On the package of the reducer, it clearly says it goes from 1/0 guage to 4 gauge. So what the hell is going on? Like, even if I try jamming it the reducer it refuses to go in. These are the reducers I have.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stinger-Gold-0-Gauge-4...ksid=p1638.m118

So any help would be appreciated.

Edited by cichlidfort

2008 Chevy Impala (undercover cop style)

Setup in the makings

Hey guys, I have some issues. I am about to setup two 15" L7s so I am running one line of 1/0 gauge wire. So today when I went to put the reducers into my cap and into my amp they wouldn't fit even though the fittings on the cap and the amp are 4 gauge fittings. On the package of the reducer, it clearly says it goes from 1/0 guage to 4 gauge. So what the hell is going on? Like, even if I try jamming it the reducer it refuses to go in. These are the reducers I have.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stinger-Gold-0-Gauge-4...ksid=p1638.m118

So any help would be appreciated.

if the 4 awg tip is the problem grind it down a little. if the wire is the problem shave it

----reference's----

meade916

Yeah its the 4 gauge tip that is not fitting it at all. So I should just grind the outsides down a little bit and that should be fine?

had this same issue when testing out an old audiobahn amp...the reducers didnt fit in that but they fit fine in my RE12.1...idk...maybe it has something to do with the quality of the amp?

i likes me some audio stuff...

why not just use 4 ga all the way? Converting the 1/0 seems a little pointless... Somebody please explain?

2009 VW Rabbit 2-Door:

Pioneer AVH-X1600DVD

Kicker CX600.1 (Kicker "Certified" 638wrms@2ohm)

NVX VCW124 @2 Ohm, ~1.25 ft^3 Sealed box

Stock Doors; (4) 6.5's, (2) 4's, (4) 1" Tweets

Owner/Founder of RT Photography

Canon Traitor who moved to Fujifilm