Sonic Electronix

i use a usb flash drive to listen to music on my deck but have not listened to a cd in awhile and thought about burning one and maybe getting better quality. i was gonna burn mp3 on to cd that way i can fit more then 25 songs. my question is if i burn a cd will i gain the low bass more? i no compressed files you loos quality

High quality audio cd burned at the slowest speed possible. You will not gain low bass just from switching to a cd lol

04 dodge dakota ext cab 4x4

excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator

If you got lots o bass it'll skip the shit out a cd. USB is not a problem.

98 Isuzu Rodeo
Pioneer Deh-6300ub
SUBS
​*Upcoming* SSA Xcon 18 4th order
AMP
​Banda 3500
Mids/Highs
Pioneer
EQ
Clarion EQS746
ETC.
Two 1/0 run's
KnuKoncepts 1/0 big 3
Shuriken BT-100 under the hood
Shuriken BT-120 in the back

An original cd (not mp3)/ music downloaded from itunes ect in 320bit/sec sounds the best.. mp3 music has been compressed

My System (in VW golf/Rabbit mk2)

(1) Hifonics Brutus 2010D @ 1ohm

(1) Hifonics Zeus 440 Mids'nhighs

(3) JBL W10Gti subs

(2) JBL GTO838

(2) JBL GTO936

(1) run of 3/0 Gauge ofc

(1) Ac Delco120ah 850cca battery (front)

(1) Ac Delco 45ah 330cca battery (rear)

(1)Sony Gt630ui hu

34hz tuning

img2422kv.jpg

Either way you look at it, It is the same. A high quality song put on a cd and usb will sound the same. The difference, cds will skip and usb wont. But, I have seen usb flash drives break. Mine broke in half and the case broke off.

Current system (still building) 2 kicker 12" dcvr in factory kicker ported box, Rockford Fosgate 1200.1 Amp, Kenwood ddx-470 ddin radio, Rockford Fosgate 0 Gauge wiring, Rockford Fosgate punch 6X8 2 way speakers.

Does your head unit support wma? I believe WMA has a lossless option, i've never tried it but if you ripped cd's with that, it may help with quality. The files are probably gonna be huge though

Edit.

I just tried ripping with WMA lossless. a 3:25 song was 25MB

Edited by strangeduck

Does your head unit support wma? I believe WMA has a lossless option, i've never tried it but if you ripped cd's with that, it may help with quality. The files are probably gonna be huge though

This. Unless it is LOSSLESS- then it doesn't really matter.

And x2,356 on skipping. I put in a CD the other day and was like WTH?!?! I couldn't even begin to turn it up before skip skip skip.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.