Second Skin Audio

sub question

Lol what? What was wrong about my answer?

And yes, power compression. When you start to get really high up (power wise) it gets harder to get louder...ever wondered why? The sub heats up, becomes less efficient. Otherwise you would gain 3db every time you doubled power.

power compression is completely irrelevant at low power like this.

Pretty irrelevant because?

irrelevant because you talked about if they're the same model, which they obviously arent. you cant say "they'll probably be louder" because you cant make assumptions. you'll probably be wrong if he listens to you.

I would put money on the 2 being louder because same power but double the cone area would be an increase....if both boxes were just as efficient. But thats in a perfect world...there are so many dynamics and Im just a noob so but in general I'm pretty sure (same power)+(more cone area)= (more output).

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

I would put money on the 2 being louder because same power but double the cone area would be an increase....if both boxes were just as efficient. But thats in a perfect world...there are so many dynamics and Im just a noob so but in general I'm pretty sure (same power)+(more cone area)= (more output).

pretty sure your wrong but hey good try as well

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Lol what? What was wrong about my answer?

And yes, power compression. When you start to get really high up (power wise) it gets harder to get louder...ever wondered why? The sub heats up, becomes less efficient. Otherwise you would gain 3db every time you doubled power.

power compression is completely irrelevant at low power like this.

Pretty irrelevant because?

irrelevant because you talked about if they're the same model, which they obviously arent. you cant say "they'll probably be louder" because you cant make assumptions. you'll probably be wrong if he listens to you.

Where is it obvious that they aren't the same sub? And I never said they would definitely absolutely be louder no matter what? I said probably which is all anybody can say without testing?

And Alpine...why is everybody wrong? Like I said earlier if I'm wrong then correct me. I have no problem being wrong.

Edited by aN-i-No

Ok for instance... 2 sundown sa 15s....rated at 600rms...compared to the sa z v.3 15 rated at 1500 rms...

Both in recommended boxes and only being pushed the rms they are rated...

I kno the sa's can handle wayyyy more then that but just throwing that out there.