Chrome rims maintaining tip?

I have had my chrome rims for less then a year and there starting to peel. Not bad but I think its time to learn to clean them. Dont want my money to go down the drain. Anyways I know about washing cleaning drying and polishing but its to much. Well the polishing anyways. That part takes for ever and there only nice for a few day. Can I get away with just washing and letting them air dry once a week without them peeling anymore? i dont need them to be mirror like everyday just presentable. Is there any faster ways to polish them. I use a past that dryes on and then you whipe off that.leaves them mirror like but its not worth it to me for a few days only. O do the watter marks that remain on the wheel when you air dry do harm? Thanks.

looks like its not worth the trouble to you so THATS WHY THEY ARE PEELING! its kinda late if they started already, i would sell them while you can.

with mine, i kept it in the garage so it kinda helped. you gotta clean them right off after washing it to keep the water marks off it. i would spray on a polish/cleaner on them spent like 20 minutes to do all four and it would stay that way for a few days. clean them every so often to keep the dust of them and they will look good most of the time

if you want to keep them clean for more than a few days dont drive it in shtty weather.

thats what i hated about chrome wheels, if you let them go they will start to take a sht on you. got tired enough that i sold them to lilteddy

If they're starting to peel then it's already too late. It's like tryin to buff your car after the clear coat peels off or rust formed. Sell them or get them powder coated.

You DO need to polish the chrome if you aren't going to keep it clean like it was said. And letting things air dry is sure way to get water spots. Wipe them down.

• 3 weeks later...

another little tip. polish them regularly, but in between polishing them. take some good glass cleaner in a areosol can, and spray it on and wipe it off. that makes a huge difference, and its a little quicker than polishing

WARNING: I speak 4 languages, profanity, English, sarcasm & real shit

2003 ford explorer

2 RF T1 D4 15s in a 6.8 cubic ft box

1 T1500.1bdcp

250amp ALT by Mike Singer

2 runs of 0 gauge

3 yellow tops

another little tip. polish them regularly, but in between polishing them. take some good glass cleaner in a areosol can, and spray it on and wipe it off. that makes a huge difference, and its a little quicker than polishing

Glass cleaner won't strip the polish?

No. Ammonia is fine on Chrome.

On cars that I detail, I wax the wheels.

But ammonia will strip the wax.

Polish doesn't put any protection on, just makes it shine.

I would wash, dry, polish, then wax.

Then every day or or two, wipes them down with a spray bottle of water and a microfiber.