DD1 Only sets for -5DB bass, what about music with different DB levels?

The DD1 is a great tool, but here is the question I have.. The test track is at -5DB, now thats fine and dandy, but the problem comes in when the majority of music has different bass DB levels.. Its still VERY ease to clip your amp and wreck some woofers even with a properly tuned system if you play a song with a higher DB level then the system was tuned for. Here is an example, i'm tuned for -5DB (perfect for decaf stuff) But if ANY song by bill-e comes on -3DB ~ 0DB bass lines, you're clipping hard. Even some rap has -3DB ~ -2DB bass tracks. (Project Pat does this more often then not) On the other side of the spectrum you get songs with great bass lines that are below the -5DB, (-7 ~ -8DB) and your amp isn't doing near normal output. Basically this has left be to tune each song as it comes on, I have a Sundown amp so I don't have a clipping light on my remote so I know i'm clipping a little.. I just wish there was a simple answer to all this :( Any ideas??

Thanks!!

watch what you play. just cause you set your amps up with a piece of equipment, doesn't mean that you still aren't supposed to be careful. if you're that worried, use the 0db tone. or just keep the knob at 3/4 or something if you play dj billy e

volume down when your playing ur clipped music. This would be the same if you used an o-scope you cant do real time distortion on different songs and constantly adjust gain perfectly so just turn your volume down a couple clicks

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

volume down when your playing ur clipped music. This would be the same if you used an o-scope you cant do real time distortion on different songs and constantly adjust gain perfectly so just turn your volume down a couple clicks

This is where DC Amps shine, clipping light on the gain remote, most useful invention.... ever

watch what you play. just cause you set your amps up with a piece of equipment, doesn't mean that you still aren't supposed to be careful. if you're that worried, use the 0db tone. or just keep the knob at 3/4 or something if you play dj billy e

Clipping doesn't worry me, i'v clipped the crap out of the woofers I have now and i'm fine with that.. The problem I see is people who use the DD1 then blow something not paying attention.. :\

are gain remotes interchangable with amps? Because I would like to get a DC remote and use with what ever 2k I go with.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

This is where DC Amps shine, clipping light on the gain remote, most useful invention.... ever

this was a huge selling point to me

2002 Honda CR-V
Alpine 9887

My Build

Rebuilding...

Second Skin Damp
4 DC XL 15's
2 DC 5ks
Singer 320 amp
6 cap banks
Sky High wire
2 VM-1's
OM-1

all under window line

Team DC Audio

Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.

EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way.

I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.

audioque (soundqubed), DD both have clipping indicators on remote gain knobs as well

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

are gain remotes interchangable with amps? Because I would like to get a DC remote and use with what ever 2k I go with.

this was a huge selling point to me

audioque (soundqubed), DD both have clipping indicators on remote gain knobs as well

The clipping indecator feature is something that must be built into the amp itself.. Sadly you can just buy a remote with a clipping light and have that feature :(

I wasn't aware DD amps had this.. Really raises the questions why SD amps don't :\