Sonic Electronix

I run 2 JL 12w6v2's on a Slash 1000/1v2 @ 1ohm and I've never had an issue, and I abuse those subs like its my job. I'm guessing something was wired wrong, or gains wherent set correctly.

Not really abuse when your under powering them by 100 watts each ;)

Check out my build log:

http://www.stevemead...60#entry1958353

Different folks have different strokes.

I run 2 JL 12w6v2's on a Slash 1000/1v2 @ 1ohm and I've never had an issue, and I abuse those subs like its my job. I'm guessing something was wired wrong, or gains wherent set correctly.

It's not the 100 watts, it's that you aren't supposed to wire that ump under 1.5 ohms

its perfectly fine, i deal with JL on a daily basis. it is either user error or installer error

Do you know a way to put 600 watt RMS to each sub with my current amp?

i do....u could buy two 600rms amps....or an amp thats good for 1.2krms at 1ohm or 4 ohms....that'll get u the correct amount of power....

Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/152368-littlebuck1919s-feedback/#entry2177586

i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

6/18/82 - 4/17/12

R.I.P. to my sister Shana

It's not the 100 watts, it's that you aren't supposed to wire that ump under 1.5 ohms

lol it is that.. He said he abused his subs not amp there skippy

Check out my build log:

http://www.stevemead...60#entry1958353

Different folks have different strokes.

lol it is that.. He said he abused his subs not amp there skippy

Exactly, he abused his subs with his amp set to 1 ohm. Read more carefully

its perfectly fine, i deal with JL on a daily basis. it is either user error or installer error

Do you know a way to put 600 watt RMS to each sub with my current amp?

i do....u could buy two 600rms amps....or an amp thats good for 1.2krms at 1ohm or 4 ohms....that'll get u the correct amount of power....

I really didn't want to get rid of my 1200/1 :(

Fits perfectly in my amp rack

Like stated before, JL amps do the rated power from 1.5-4ohms, wire your subs to 4ohms and you will get 1200rms at 14.4v. So your voltage has to be stable.

2_4ohmDVC_4ohm.png

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

Like stated before, JL amps do the rated power from 1.5-4ohms, wire your subs to 4ohms and you will get 1200rms at 14.4v. So your voltage has to be stable.

2_4ohmDVC_4ohm.png

Those amps do 1200 at 11-14.4 volts. They're constant power amplifiers.

Archived