Wiring a second battery help..

Also, stock alt. I believe a 105 in a 1999 cavalier.

All 0 guage wires going to be run with big 3.

2 - Sundown Audio SA-12 D4 (Box tuned to 34 hrz)

1 - RF t1500.1bdcp

1 - RF t400.4

2 - JL Audio C5 5 1/4 in front doors

2 - JL Audio C5 570 in rear deck

2 - JL Audio ZR100 in front pillars

1 - Kenwood ExCelon HU

No you dont need an isolater. As far as running the 2nd batt, just run it inline with the front batt, pos to pos and neg to neg. No you shouldnt run an agm batt with a stock wet cell but people do it. I personally run a Shuriken BT100 with my stocker and haven't had any problems, but I will be upgrading my stocker to a matching agm once my budget allows it.

Thanks for the info.

2 - Sundown Audio SA-12 D4 (Box tuned to 34 hrz)

1 - RF t1500.1bdcp

1 - RF t400.4

2 - JL Audio C5 5 1/4 in front doors

2 - JL Audio C5 570 in rear deck

2 - JL Audio ZR100 in front pillars

1 - Kenwood ExCelon HU

So I have a Shuriken BT-20 in the rear and a stock 775 AC Delco in the front. I read that if the two batteries are not identical, it could drain and ruin one of the batteries without a battery isolator. Is this true? Do I need a battery isolator or can I just run both the batteries together wired + to + and - to -. (With fuses in between of course). Any suggestions, comments and even opinion (based on experience) are appreciated. Thanks everyone!!

Just be sure that the batteries are fully charged. The best way to test the individual charges of each battery is to disconnect from each other and test independently. Always make sure that all connections are free of paint and dirt and that you ground back to the negative terminal of the battery.

Michael

No you dont need an isolater. As far as running the 2nd batt, just run it inline with the front batt, pos to pos and neg to neg. No you shouldnt run an agm batt with a stock wet cell but people do it. I personally run a Shuriken BT100 with my stocker and haven't had any problems, but I will be upgrading my stocker to a matching agm once my budget allows it.

no "short term" affects but eventually the wetcell will prematurely kill the agm battery (most agms rest at 12.8 plus) most wetcells rest at 12.5 12.6..YES that .2 of a difference matters in time..

Archived