Second Skin Audio

Shim Stuck After Recone HELP!

Who did you buy the recone from? They should be able to sell you a set of plastic shims that will solve this problem instead of having to make your own and have this happen.

I got the kit from cjvue (it was parts not a drop in), he actually told me to use the for sale sign idea but I started the recone late at night and the manila folders were laying around so I just used those. Did you get my PM about the CVX's? While I'm at it will any of the DC recones work on the HX2's? If so, pm me a price on those.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

i wouldnt trust 5min epoxy on a sub. and i dont even use activator on CA glue. I just let it dry naturally. i have a belief that it forms a stronger bond that way.

when you clamped the spider down you could have pushed things one way or the way the clamps grab might cause them to pull. when you cut this recone out, set it somewhere so that you can look at how the former and the spiders line up. see if they are crooked.

wierd ive never had a problem, my sa15s look fine. I reconed a level 4 15 with the same materials and the sub worked til i put a knife thru the sorround to build it down to a 12. That 12 has been in my buddies car for 2 years now with no issues.

i just dont trust 5min epoxy. the stuff that dries faster is more brittle. same reason i dont use activator.

tell me why sundown reccomends using that method i used?

04 dodge dakota ext cab 4x4

excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator

id never use it either. but thats just me. Using the right tool for the job is paramount to a job well done.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

you know dude you could have some fun with the old coil :D

Edit~ if you do get it on video :D

http://www.youtube.c...e1?feature=mheehttp://www.stevemead...87#entry1993187

JVC KD-R530 head unit

VVME INNO-D1500 sub amp

Kenwood KAC-8402 amplifierPioneer 2-way 6.5 X2 @ 4 ohms

DTI Audio 6.5 X2 @ 4 ohmsbox: 4.24 ft^3 tuned to 61 hertz (port walls fell off and dissapeared :( )

Archived