Second Skin Audio

Shim Stuck After Recone HELP!

If anyone could help me with this I tested the shim multiple times before I did the recone and now that I have glued everything back together I can't get the shim out. I have trying to male it budge since last night with no luck and it wont play until I can get the shim removed. Hopefully this has happened to someone here before and one of you has a solution.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

I don't think so, I don't know how I would have gotten glue there but this is killing me. Is there anyway to fix this without having to destroy the sub and buy another kit?

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

Build Log

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Needle nose pliers and a steady hand? Were you good at the game Operation as a kid? haha

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

Needle nose pliers and a steady hand? Were you good at the game Operation as a kid? haha

I tried that and I ended up ripping some of it so I dont wanna pull anymore out until I find a solution to get what is farther down.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

Build Log

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Pictures or videos of it?

^x2

try lifting the cone up some by putting pressure on the back of it and see if you can pull it out

http://www.youtube.c...e1?feature=mheehttp://www.stevemead...87#entry1993187

JVC KD-R530 head unit

VVME INNO-D1500 sub amp

Kenwood KAC-8402 amplifierPioneer 2-way 6.5 X2 @ 4 ohms

DTI Audio 6.5 X2 @ 4 ohmsbox: 4.24 ft^3 tuned to 61 hertz (port walls fell off and dissapeared :( )

What kind of shim did you use? If you used something that went all the way down the gap to the bottom of the motor like i did when reconing my SMD you can push down on the cone to try and push the former down further and then back it up out of the gap when you release your pressure on the cone. It sounds like you may have gotten some CA on the shim or the shim somehow hooked around the voice coil which is damn near impossible to do.

You can try to take a very thin knife or something that is small and put that as like a wedge between the inner part of the former and the shim to break it free then use pliers to pull it out.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Archived