Second Skin Audio

Shim Stuck After Recone HELP!

Maybe try pushing on the cone to see if the shim will move. This also might be risky but do you have an air compressor? Maybe try blowing some low pressure air around the pole to force the shim up.

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

How about playing it at low volume, like a 20hz tone. Just enough to get the sub to move. Might help. You got nothing to lose at this point.

That's the thing it wont play my original plan was to try and play it out but it wont play. I read it and the ohms read fine.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

What kind of shim did you use? If you used something that went all the way down the gap to the bottom of the motor like i did when reconing my SMD you can push down on the cone to try and push the former down further and then back it up out of the gap when you release your pressure on the cone. It sounds like you may have gotten some CA on the shim or the shim somehow hooked around the voice coil which is damn near impossible to do.

You can try to take a very thin knife or something that is small and put that as like a wedge between the inner part of the former and the shim to break it free then use pliers to pull it out.

I used a manila folder it worked fine on the first sub so I don't know what happened. I will try your suggestion now.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

Build Log

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

it wont play because the shim is holding it completely still i learned that long time ago as i stupid kid...um i still say try manually moving the cone/coil and seeing if the shim will move

http://www.youtube.c...e1?feature=mheehttp://www.stevemead...87#entry1993187

JVC KD-R530 head unit

VVME INNO-D1500 sub amp

Kenwood KAC-8402 amplifierPioneer 2-way 6.5 X2 @ 4 ohms

DTI Audio 6.5 X2 @ 4 ohmsbox: 4.24 ft^3 tuned to 61 hertz (port walls fell off and dissapeared :( )

What happens when you try to push down on the cone?

It goes up and down with a little force not too much but it will move when I push on it

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

Build Log

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Archived