Second Skin Audio

Shim Stuck After Recone HELP!

you shouldn't hear words from a sub, look over all the settings before you just say its blown. play a tone not a song and see how it acts

this, maybe you got the hpf on the sub instead of the lpf, or have the rca in the front(usually rear are for sub.....my pioneer has 2 outputs and 1 is for the sub)

How do the Japanese feel about bass?

You know that since 03/11/11

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

im pretty sure the op wont even notice if it gets even smaller.

Refs - Pstone11, porksoda, coleman

look at the way you clamped the sub together while he glue dried. see if you can find out why everything shifted so you dont do it again next time.

Believe me i shall, i literally could not afford to make this mistake again. I am going to have to buy more ca, rubber, and activator along with a new kit so this really sucks.

try a full dry run maybe. put it all together, clamps and all and see if the coil is centered still.

Okay i will do that and see what happens.

ROFLMAO thats a shim???

Guess Im doing it wrong :(

No, thats whats left of a shim after i got into a fit with it. It use to be 1/2 of a blue file folder. Did i do something wrong, this is only second go at it; still learning how i should go about this.

you shouldn't hear words from a sub, look over all the settings before you just say its blown. play a tone not a song and see how it acts

Its not as loud as you would think the only reason i heard words was because i put ear near where the dustcap would go and i could faintly her the song i played same when i played different tones i could faintly hear bits of the tone. I put the amp on the other sub i just reconed and bass came through fine.

this, maybe you got the hpf on the sub instead of the lpf, or have the rca in the front(usually rear are for sub.....my pioneer has 2 outputs and 1 is for the sub)

^what i said in the quote above. Its a 2 channel amp i have it bridged and the lpf is on. Again, i did test the amp just in case on the other sub and it worked fine.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

for shims i use an old for sale sign, they can be bought at any hardware store, maybe even walmart. they are plastic, and are thicker than paper, very hard to rip. also use strips.

I will do that next time for sure, just waiting to see if the guy I brought the last recone kit from can get me another one to fix this sub so I can get em playing sooner than later.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

Build Log

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

for shims i use an old for sale sign, they can be bought at any hardware store, maybe even walmart. they are plastic, and are thicker than paper, very hard to rip. also use strips.

I will do that next time for sure, just waiting to see if the guy I brought the last recone kit from can get me another one to fix this sub so I can get em playing sooner than later.

alpine and i have always used cardboard strips from a soda carton. never failed us. but the real problem here was not the shim. it was the way the speaker was glued together. unless the former wasnt straight when the recone was assembled.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

alpine and i have always used cardboard strips from a soda carton. never failed us. but the real problem here was not the shim. it was the way the speaker was glued together. unless the former wasnt straight when the recone was assembled.

What could I have done on the gluing? I want to correct whatever possible mistakes I can when I start this over because I do not want to do make the mistake again. I need to try and troubleshoot before I get a new kit.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

Build Log

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

When i rebuilt my 12s to 15s i used goop on my sorround and just used my gasket to hold the foam down. The goop will not stick to the smooth surface so no clamping needed. Once the gasket is on you can still have a little wiggle room before the goop dries to make sure your 100% centered and your shims arent stuck. EDIT: goop is pretty cheap it can be found at home depot or lowes, you get more than one use out of a tube its like 8$ Use loctite 5min self mixing epoxy on your spider thats like 5 bucks. There i saved you some monies on the recone lol

04 dodge dakota ext cab 4x4

excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator

When i rebuilt my 12s to 15s i used goop on my sorround and just used my gasket to hold the foam down. The goop will not stick to the smooth surface so no clamping needed. Once the gasket is on you can still have a little wiggle room before the goop dries to make sure your 100% centered and your shims arent stuck. EDIT: goop is pretty cheap it can be found at home depot or lowes, you get more than one use out of a tube its like 8$ Use loctite 5min self mixing epoxy on your spider thats like 5 bucks. There i saved you some monies on the recone lol

Hell yeah you did because I spent like $30 plus shipping for a 2oz CA, Rubber and Activator kit from fixmyspeaker.com. Thanks man :good:.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

Build Log

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

no problem dude, my subs are still holding up just fine using those materials, i ran the sa15s at a half ohm on an aq2200 they got moving pretty good no rips or any glue failuires.

04 dodge dakota ext cab 4x4

excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator

Archived