New Mids/highs Setup

Not exactly sure yet what the new mids/highs setup will entail, but Im thinking this sounds pretty good right now. Without the 8 8s, the total of everything will only be $370. With the 8s it will be a total of $712... Plus having to buy 6 amps instead of 4. Would like to have 2 6s and 2 8s and 2 tweets per door. Inside the cabin, on the wall, Id like to have the mids on the sides of the enclosures on the trim pannels. Id have each side vertically stacked, with a 6, an 8, and a 12, from top to bottom. Would have 2 tweeters on each side, most likely at the top. Each 6 and 8 would be seeing 100rms each. Each Bullet Tweeter would see 50rms, and each 12 would see 200rms. Not sure if Ill go with the 8s, but if I can get the money in time, Ill definately do it. If I do go with the 8s and the 2 extra amps, should look crazy when I open the back and show off 18 Sundown Amplifiers. Any thoughts, comments, constructivie criticisms?

Sundown 100.2 x2

8 Eminence Alpha 6s (4 per amp)

Sundown 100.2 x2

8 Eminence Alpha 8s (4 per amp)

Sundown 100.2

8 Selenium Bullets

Sundown 100.2

2 Eminence Beta 12s

That will definately be loud. Not a fan of how eminence sound, but they get loud...and thats what you're going for so that setup should be perfect.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

I have the Eminence 8's in my rear doors of the X. They sound a little on the shallow side for an 8 for my liking, but they do get loud. i ended up getting the B&C 8 and matching it up with selenium 6's

B&C 8PS21

Selenium 6w4P

Then did a 1" tweet in the A-pillar and it sounds fantastic.

Another thing you can do is run all your door speakers together and use an Passive X-over and save on amps. Use 1 larger 2 channel amp instead of 3

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

sounds like a loud high and mid setup. would of been cool if sundown just made 800.4. one big amp and call it quits or at least a 400.4

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

Yeah, I need something like a SAX1600.4!

I have decided on the bass, though. 24 AA Chaos 15s ran by 12 SAZ-1500Ds. Big sealed box, most likely a clamshell.

All the speakers will be ran active. Same freqs for the 6s and 8s (its basically the same thing), the tweets will be ran at what sounds good, and same with the 12s.

I have the Eminence 8's in my rear doors of the X. They sound a little on the shallow side for an 8 for my liking, but they do get loud.

I noticed the same problem when I had the Eminence 8's. my buddies 6's seemed to have more midbass than my 8's.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...