Second Skin Audio

Box design approval + Question about woofer placement

I am still tinkering with numbers...but I have a question

If I am going with design 1. (see first/original post) in regards to woofer placement, the ass end of my woofer (Alpine SWR-1541) will be facing the internal port wall. I am running into a slight issue with the mounting depth of the woofer and the internal port wall.

My woofer is vented(?) on the ass end/magnet (pole venting?). How much room is required between the vented magnet of the woofer and the internal port wall, I have heard around 1 inch, but would like other input

Edit: Here is the design question from my original post...

wooferplacement.jpg

I would like to pose the question again, which design is best, considering the length my slot port runs internally along the back wall. Ideally, I would like to go with design 3, as it would make life easier for me calculating this enclosure, save me a bit of cargo space, as well as I like this design most aesthetically. Will I experience significant losses in going with design 3 instead of design 1?

Edited by Phawstir

2000 Jeep Cherokee

15" Alpine Type R box build coming soon!

• 2 weeks later...

I ran into a previously unrecognized woofer depth problem :angry22: so here is another design. I think I finally have what I want. Please check it out and give me some feedback!

woofercalculatorpic7.png

2000 Jeep Cherokee

15" Alpine Type R box build coming soon!