Need Alarm system, do i attempt to install to????

Right now there isn't to much money into my build, enough for it to really suck if it got stolen but not thousands worth. I have a 99 Grand Cherokee, with locking doors and such, but no alarm. If i leave the window down you can unlock it and nothing, break a window, nothing. In a few months I'm planning on getting two Mayhem 18's. There a grand strait up, that i obviously want to protect. I live in Manch NH so its not to safe haha (Yes i know there's worse) Anyways, I'm looking at this Viper 2 way unit That is in good budget. http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_16156_Viper-5901-p-n-5702V.html

Should i even remotely attempt to install it on my own? I've never done one, or anything alike really. I have a DMM, and google. Do or don't?

Also, If i can somewhat figure it out, What are some things to keep in mind. Do i need anything else? Where should the alarm go? Just anything to make it a good install. . . . Lastly, depending on where It's installed, if someone were to break in, how hard is it to stop the alarm? as in cut x wires and such if it can even be stopped IDK

I AM A NOOB with alarms so please just fill me in on shit i dont know! Thanks

if you are a noob do you know how to test for function of each wire? if not do not attempt it without someone to at least help you when you get stuck.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

testing for function of each wire is example you need to find the turn signal wires, dome light, horn, ignition wires before they are hooked up so you know your in the right place. You can definatly skip on the remote start to save money. If I were you just save money longer and get it done somewhere.

VbjgkeI.jpg

c7HmdKx.jpg

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_21061_Avital-5303L.html

this is the alarm i have works great, if you went with this you could get it installed and it would be around the same price as just the viper.

look around at local places to though you might be able to get a good deal by buying from them and having them install it.

Edited by aleroking

2 fi btl 18s on 2 crescendo 3500s walled in a 2dr 2000 alero build log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141663-2-walled-btls-18-on-7k-in-a-2000-2dr-alero/

thanks man, and as far as sensors. wher should i put them. i like the viper becuase you can buy tilt sensers, volume senors(like breaking glass) and another one i forgot. . . with that being said. where should i put them when i get one? if i only had one senser whats the best one? and i have a 99 jeep grand cherkee. . . in the amp rack? (its like a cheap movable box) with high sensitivity?