Best way to cover that sub 30 hz range

IH8PunkRok

You're making it too hard on yourself Matt. Two 8s on anything over 300 watts will easily do a low to mid 130. If your that worried about it just do something along the line of what I said and buy a nice 32 band eq or so and make it even in the low end.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

i need a processor for sure

that way i can make the response really flat

but yes, i do have a habit of overthinking things

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

Now I have really no experience/knowledge with boxes other than sealed & ported so i could be a complete noob but I'll try to help, anyways would you be able to try an ABC/Double Tuned ported (not sure what the proper name is). Like have a standard ported but with two ports tuned to different frequencies? Maybe one be 23 & the other 46 since it has to play from 20-50hz.

theoretically (i will try and be easy with this explanation) doing this causes two unwanted outcomes

1. it takes the octaves of the tuning and causes them to destructively combine. ie two sharp drop offs at the tuning freqs

2. the ports are tuning the airspace, not the individual ports. so having one short and one long will only cause the actual tuning to be somewhere between the two but with a lot of destructive interference as noted in number 1

Ahhhhhhhhh, alright well I tried. lol

Best of luck though with figuring something out.

System:

Basically Stock

In process of upgrading

Now I have really no experience/knowledge with boxes other than sealed & ported so i could be a complete noob but I'll try to help, anyways would you be able to try an ABC/Double Tuned ported (not sure what the proper name is). Like have a standard ported but with two ports tuned to different frequencies? Maybe one be 23 & the other 46 since it has to play from 20-50hz.

theoretically (i will try and be easy with this explanation) doing this causes two unwanted outcomes

1. it takes the octaves of the tuning and causes them to destructively combine. ie two sharp drop offs at the tuning freqs

2. the ports are tuning the airspace, not the individual ports. so having one short and one long will only cause the actual tuning to be somewhere between the two but with a lot of destructive interference as noted in number 1

Ahhhhhhhhh, alright well I tried. lol

Best of luck though with figuring something out.

appreciate it bro

and there is no harm in trying things. its how we learn

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

You will definitely need a processor. SQ gets expensive quick. I just dont think two 8s are going to play clean down to 20 hz regardless of what you tune it to. I would tune to 30 if i really needed to do this. You'll still be able to reach below tuning and about 25 hz is the average cut off for hearing anything. Those that say I can hear 19 or whatever cant tell the difference between musical reproduction and mechanical noise. lol.Alot alot alot of SQ guys run a front woofer sealed. usually a single 10. remmber its all about getting it to sound like its in front of you. With a strong strong substage thats tough to do. Ive thought about going the sq route and it is easiyl way more work. so I say fuck that.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Agree,.... Again, no where am i a dude that knows anything. People on this site have forgotten more about audio than i know. But, N8's on to something with a woof up front,..or somewhere up front,... I have seen a woof buried in the arm rest and such, for a goal of getting the reproduction "forward" Or ideas of "bouncing" off of the rear window to try and "trick" you in to thinking it was coming from the front.

Again,... no help with an enclosure, or subs, or tuning........ill just drink my beer,....

(Except- a tune of around 30 would let you roll about 5hz below, getting you about where the audibleness would start to leave.....might be just right?)

But, i like the idea of a flat as possible curve, to start off, with a DSP, and a DSP (or processor) of extreme kick assness (you can all feel free to use that word as you like, but, you owe me a nickle every time you say or use it, care of KYLAR96, thank you) of which will be probably expensive as all get out, and maybe a little difficult to set up and use,... but it would be tits to see.....

This is a cool ass thread.......just throwing that out there...

You will definitely need a processor. SQ gets expensive quick. I just dont think two 8s are going to play clean down to 20 hz regardless of what you tune it to. I would tune to 30 if i really needed to do this. You'll still be able to reach below tuning and about 25 hz is the average cut off for hearing anything. Those that say I can hear 19 or whatever cant tell the difference between musical reproduction and mechanical noise. lol.Alot alot alot of SQ guys run a front woofer sealed. usually a single 10. remmber its all about getting it to sound like its in front of you. With a strong strong substage thats tough to do. Ive thought about going the sq route and it is easiyl way more work. so I say fuck that.

what i am banking on is my good old tang bands

i had 6 of the neos once and that played 23 hz with ease. yes it was 6 and with 2k rms but still

it would do mid 30s at that low of a freq. which is way more than i need. but then again my car was much smaller too..

hmm i wonder if i can find a place to put a woofer up front

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

I have a question ... What do you plan to process with a processor ?? Sub Bass ??

Have you ever thought about running 4 8s isoberic tuned to or around 22 htz ?? dual chambered of course ...

with external ports so whare you can have minimum airspace per driver and have maximum port at the same time ...

just a thought ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I'm not one to argue with a moderator ... So I won't ...

I just wish You could sit and demo my truck for a while ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I have a question ... What do you plan to process with a processor ?? Sub Bass ??

Have you ever thought about running 4 8s isoberic tuned to or around 22 htz ?? dual chambered of course ...

with external ports so whare you can have minimum airspace per driver and have maximum port at the same time ...

just a thought ...

You say dual chambered. Explain more clearly what this box would look like

Oh and the processor would process it all. Full active

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery