Starting up a build....

So I'm starting up a build tomorrow, putting in a 12" LCD into my dash and i guess I'll make my way down to Tap plastics to get some supplys. Any certin resin and filler I should get to mold to my dash?

The other thing I want to do is smooth out the texture on the dash and paint it up. should I sand down what's there or should I spot fill it then sand it down?

Also whats going to hold up to the bass shaking the shyte out of everything?

let me know what will make my life a little easier, Thanks, Bill

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

So I'm starting up a build tomorrow, putting in a 12" LCD into my dash and i guess I'll make my way down to Tap plastics to get some supplys. Any certin resin and filler I should get to mold to my dash? .....   :^  ......Evercoat Fibertech or the flex fill stuff from Urithan Supply Company...

The other thing I want to do is smooth out the texture on the dash and paint it up. should I sand down what's there or should I spot fill it then sand it down?

Sand it with 150 to  scratch it up,and hit it with a high build primer,like Evercoat Slicksand,sand it and paint it.... :^

Tim

Also whats going to hold up to the bass shaking the shyte out of everything?

let me know what will make my life a little easier, Thanks, Bill

My MainMan,My lil Man,Dude,Bubb....My son Memphis @ 3years OldShow'em that car son..........

cool thanks! i'm tring to figure out where to relocate the ac controls today. i got some pics that i will post up later.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

speaking of hvac is there a way you can easily change them out? like if i liked the look of the hvac controls on a diff vehicle would i be able to find out the wire controls and get a harness type deal and re-pin so it works right?

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

Not sure about the controls but you should be able to change out the knob real easily. What do you have and what do you want to change to?

i have these factory cobalt controls

popup_int_gallery01.jpg

and i want to change to these factory ssr controls

popup_int_gallery06.jpg

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

Well at least it's the same maker so that should help. My advise to you is to hit up a dearership and make friends with the parts guy. also I would look at a repair book for both cars and double check the electrical wiring breakdown for both. with a little work and some time I don't see why you couldn't change them out. Good choice on the new ones  :^

lol the dealer that i go to has like 3 parts people and 1 is pimp and cool but the other too are sorta dumb... if you work at a chevy dealership and cant idetify with Z06 you need to be shot