Sundown Audio

Planet Audio Amp??? insight help please

velvetsmack

planet audio is good if u know what your buyin in there line ups! big bang BB2400.1 also BB 1900.1 and the RSX line and AP line is all good and do the rms, and cheap. BB 2400 $250 new online and is a good amp 3000w that puts out 2400 w RMS @ 1ohm and i have been told that the BB2400 at tone burst will do a 7k . all the other stuff they have that is newer is junk 5000w amps for under 200$ but fused at like 80amps lol and i seen that someone said they would have boss b4 planet audio , i think they are made by the same people. look at some of the new subs planet audio and boss have out thet are the same thing.

01 focus se

110 amp alt

Big 3 sky high and stinger hpm ofc 1/0

Super start platinum AGM (starting)

2 runs of 1/0 Execution audio front to back

Kenwood double DIN DDx271

A pillars- orion 4" super tweeter and 2-1" alpines.

Orion xtx 64 in the front doors

2:1 4th order bandpass

Sealed off trunk

Digital designs deadener on roof/ rear deck

Orion hcca 12s (black coils)

Orion xtr3700.1

Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs

All sky high 1/0 in trunk dual runs(power/ground)

Sky high dual 1/0 inputs

2 xs power D3100 in back

Sky high batt blocks

Rose audio batt blocks

Stinger volt meter

All sky high 1\0 fuse and holders

Db link remote/ rca

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

planet audio is good if u know what your buyin in there line ups! big bang BB2400.1 also BB 1900.1 and the RSX line and AP line is all good and do the rms, and cheap. BB 2400 $250 new online and is a good amp 3000w that puts out 2400 w RMS @ 1ohm and i have been told that the BB2400 at tone burst will do a 7k . all the other stuff they have that is newer is junk 5000w amps for under 200$ but fused at like 80amps lol and i seen that someone said they would have boss b4 planet audio , i think they are made by the same people. look at some of the new subs planet audio and boss have out thet are the same thing.

They likely just utilize the same OEM. Which may or may not be Boss, I haven't done any research on their supply chain(s). This is often how it works in the IT world, the field I work in. A good %60-75 of PC parts are made by Foxconn but receive different labels, also Delta and Nidec Servo Co. make %90 of the DC fans on earth! :P

I'm gonna hate

Only planet audio I could ever even think to recommend is the Big Bang bb2400.1. 1/0 inputs and 8 guage outputs, does about 200 less than rated. They produce about 55v clean output which is pretty good for the price point in my opinion.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

the

Only planet audio I could ever even think to recommend is the Big Bang bb2400.1. 1/0 inputs and 8 guage outputs, does about 200 less than rated. They produce about 55v clean output which is pretty good for the price point in my opinion.

planet audio apocalypse and the planet audio RXD amps are also a 1/0 input and 8 ga out when u get to the 3000w amps just like the bb2400 and are fuse at 250amps so they are the same thing as the big bang.

01 focus se

110 amp alt

Sealed off trunk

Orion xtr3700.1

Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs

Sky high dual 1/0 inputs

2 xs power D3100 in back

Sky high batt blocks

Rose audio batt blocks

Stinger volt meter

Db link remote/ rca

I'd Like to stay to maximum 200 but it looks like I can't.

Is there anything wrong with the Mb quart amps? Found their onyx series they don't look too bad and their fairly cheep. Their onx 1000D and 1600D don't seem too bad and I think they're both under 200 dollars.

or what about the AUDIOPIPE APSM1500? never dealt with audiopipe but their fairly cheap

i know for sure the the Mb quart 4ch amps are good not to sure on the class D, and the audiopipe apsm1500 i can not find what its fused at so hard to say if it does the 1500@ 1ohm. when i look at a amp to buy i look at the input size output size and how much its fused at. u take volts x amps and that should be what u will get the most of of it. price is not a big deal if u just stop and take a real good look at the amp and do some research.

01 focus se

110 amp alt

Sealed off trunk

Orion xtr3700.1

Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs

Sky high dual 1/0 inputs

2 xs power D3100 in back

Sky high batt blocks

Rose audio batt blocks

Stinger volt meter

Db link remote/ rca

I run MB Quart amps. (see sig) Yes, they are inexpensive and there are better amps out there but they work perfect with my applications. If I were running different subs I would upgrade. As it is my subs only need 350w rms. I love em' though.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Archived