Second Skin Audio

Single 18" 1/3 cab Walled Stupid??

One 18 is not worth making a wall for. You won't gain much with 1 18 in c-pillar wall, I'd just go with a box. Now if you were running multiple 18's it would be a different story

what do you mean by "or in a box" . . . and i guess what about 1 18 b pillar. . and if still not worth it how about 2 18s c pillar?

One 18 is not worth making a wall for. You won't gain much with 1 18 in c-pillar wall, I'd just go with a box. Now if you were running multiple 18's it would be a different story

what do you mean by "or in a box" . . . and i guess what about 1 18 b pillar. . and if still not worth it how about 2 18s c pillar?

was a typo lol, i fixed it

so how about 2 mayhem 18's walled at cpillar?

You could always try it but In a larger vehicle like that I think you would still be better off with a box, subs up port back. Just that its an awul lot of work and supplies to do If your not happy with it. I mean even 4 18's don't need a wall but it's all about what YOU want to do. Peronally I like walls. I have 2 15 btls walled but now I want 4 as 2 seems to little. Alot of wasted space. it still sounds good though

Edited by Amart88

so how about 2 mayhem 18's walled at cpillar?

still not really worth it. What kind of power are you running. Walling at the c pillar is only going to gain you more airspace for the subs, might increase spl but not enough for all the added work. I just did a build in a 98 Grand cherokee and I know you only have 11.75 cubes if you are wanting to stay below the window line. You can build a box subs up port back and go a little above the window line and have a more cost effective setup.

Dude in So Cal has a c pillar wall in a jeep like that with 2 FI BTL's does a 151.7 in the 30 hz range sounds awsome i have a pic of it in my photobucket but photobucket is ghey and im over my bandwith so i can't show you the pic

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Dude in So Cal has a c pillar wall in a jeep like that with 2 FI BTL's does a 151.7 in the 30 hz range sounds awsome i have a pic of it in my photobucket but photobucket is ghey and im over my bandwith so i can't show you the pic

Alpine, if you want, try setting up a flickr.com account (it's a free photo hosting site with unlimited bandwidth) . copy the url with jpg link and paste here.

Bass Music Producer • Photographer • Graphic Designer

--------------

Deep Sector Boom...