Second Skin Audio

where to start doing a wall build . .

I recently have gotten good news today which i never thought would happen. My dad said i can have the escalade since my mom is getting a new car. And you all don't have to be too jealous.. its a 99 with 160k on it. nothing to special. but down to the shit! I'm planning on 4 15" DC XL's with a DC 7.5k on a 4th order. I have the ~MAX~ measurements which are 43 deep 36 tall and 48 wide. here's the problem. i have no idea how to tune or design a 4th order really. Where should i start on this.....

awesomeness-1.jpg

(4)DD 9918's

(2)DC 10k

8 6.5" focals

2 DD SS4 mid amps

Audison Bit One processor

Jl-cl-rlc line driver

iPad in dash

Dual Irragi 320a alts

8 batcaps 4000's

Second Skin sound deadened

haha thanks! that is what i will have to start doing. who designd your box for you? I need a design still because i have no idea how to figure out the tuning for a 4th order

awesomeness-1.jpg

(4)DD 9918's

(2)DC 10k

8 6.5" focals

2 DD SS4 mid amps

Jl-cl-rlc line driver

iPad in dash

Dual Irragi 320a alts

8 batcaps 4000's

1: Get a Dayton Audio Dats from parts express to help with determining the resonant frequencies ----> http://www.parts-exp...tnumber=390-806

2: Depending on power you are using (more power less ratio) (less power more ratio) but typically a good ratio is either 2:1 or 3:1.

3: Build your shell for the 4th order enclosure and also the sealed portion of the enclosure then mount and wire your subs up.

4: Take your Dayton Audio Dats and run a resonance sweep on the sealed enclosure. What ever your Peak is, is where you want to tune your loading wall.

5: 4th orders are typically tuned higher because port velocity is responsible for your lower end

6: Port area is 2:1 or half your cone area

7: Try to keep subs on the same plane. if that is not possible then dont have parallel planes, a V formation is ok.

8: you can add poly Fill to the sealed enclosure to make a smaller sealed chamber this will also help keep your ported chamber smaller, if size of total enclosure is a issue.

If anyone else with a little more knowledge cares to elaborate anymore on this or correct anything feel free

ha well i know "where" to start building haha. more like where to get 4th order box design from ha

awesomeness-1.jpg

(4)DD 9918's

(2)DC 10k

8 6.5" focals

2 DD SS4 mid amps

Jl-cl-rlc line driver

iPad in dash

Dual Irragi 320a alts

8 batcaps 4000's

ha well i know "where" to start building haha. more like where to get 4th order box design from ha

You design one.. I have been playing with a few idea on my vehicle. here is one of them, keep in mind I can not finish the box at this point since I have to build this into the vehicle then find my resonance of the sealed chambers. Then I can build the loading wall and port tuning will be where my resonant peak was.

Sketch3.jpg

1: Get a Dayton Audio Dats from parts express to help with determining the resonant frequencies ----> http://www.parts-exp...tnumber=390-806

2: Depending on power you are using (more power less ratio) (less power more ratio) but typically a good ratio is either 2:1 or 3:1.

3: Build your shell for the 4th order enclosure and also the sealed portion of the enclosure then mount and wire your subs up.

4: Take your Dayton Audio Dats and run a resonance sweep on the sealed enclosure. What ever your Peak is, is where you want to tune your loading wall.

5: 4th orders are typically tuned higher because port velocity is responsible for your lower end

6: Port area is 2:1 or half your cone area

7: Try to keep subs on the same plane. if that is not possible then dont have parallel planes, a V formation is ok.

8: you can add poly Fill to the sealed enclosure to make a smaller sealed chamber this will also help keep your ported chamber smaller, if size of total enclosure is a issue.

If anyone else with a little more knowledge cares to elaborate anymore on this or correct anything feel free

thanks! thats the kind of information im hoping for thanks! helped quit a bit

awesomeness-1.jpg

(4)DD 9918's

(2)DC 10k

8 6.5" focals

2 DD SS4 mid amps

Jl-cl-rlc line driver

iPad in dash

Dual Irragi 320a alts

8 batcaps 4000's

I would like to clarify that the bigger the ratio the more output you will get but with a narrower frequency range