Second Skin Audio

Sound Solutions Audio Subwoofers

Are they any good? I haven't seen too many builds on here using them, if any. I really want to give them a shot. I wanna try 15" GCons. I mean, look at power vs. price for that range of power handling.

SSA GCon $230 750w

Sundown SA $235 600w

Skar VVX $235 600w

AA Chaos $280 800w

That's the prices I got from SSAs site.

Looking at that, it looks like a great choice. I mean, I definitely wouldn't wanna pay $5 more for 150w less power handling, or $50 more for only 50w more. I have considered giving Daytons a shot. They have a few that range from $160-210 a piece that handle 800w, but they are made for home audio or PA setups so I feel kinda sketchy about it.

Plus ScottishBear kinda walled his Malibu with them and I don't wanna feel like I'm copying anyone...

Back on topic, are they a good buy? The main thing I'm looking for is performance vs. price. I intend to run 4 off of a Hifonics Colossus at ~800w a piece, and I don't think ~50w over rms will hurt them. I've seen vids of the higher end SSAs like the XCon or ZCons, just not and of the GCons. I just want to try something different from everything else I've seen. But what do you guys that have more experience think? I'm working on a tight budget here.

Lane AKA HeroKight

'96 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4x4

R.I.P. Molliboo

$200 for new tires, on a jeep!? Is she stealing them or building them with a heat gun and rubber bands?

You hear that????

That's a category 5 shit storm coming

n8: hey you doing today. What's it like being a bitch? you can pm me if you'd like to explain why you arent one. Just like you did for your vs threads.

^^^Rules. Follow them.^^^

Almost a VS thread...

They're nice. But Chaos > all listed

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

great company you want be disappointed

snapback.pngedouble101, on 21 April 2012 - 09:27 PM, said:

Fi designs and manufacturers both.

snapback.pngMark LaFountain, on 21 April 2012 - 09:24 PM, said:

I would really appreciate you not saying these things over and over and over on every forum, they are simply untrue. I really could care less what you think is happening here with what part Fi plays with our drivers, and try and spread facts around instead of your opinions masked as facts.

The part where you imply that Fi runs SSA, and could even confuse people to think that SSA is owned by Fi. In fact, we have nothing to do with each other as companies.

Since you do NOT know the "going ons" of our company, please not pretend to. That is all I am saying. Unless you hear anything direct from, Fi, Aaron or myself on any matter pertaining to SSA, please don't assume.

My Build Log

95 Honda Accord

Nook HD+ tablet

Team Ascendant Audio 18"

2 Skar Audio SK-2500.1D

Crescendo Audio C1100.4

2006 Civic, Fi SP4 12", bc3500

Build log

Yeah I was worried about the vs thread thing after I posted all the other companies with prices. I'm mainly looking at price for power. I'm trying to keep it at a good budget, around or a little over $3k before wood. Which I've pretty much managed.

They look pretty legit. It'll be close to a year before I do anything though, so I've got time to think it over.

Lane AKA HeroKight

'96 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4x4

R.I.P. Molliboo

$200 for new tires, on a jeep!? Is she stealing them or building them with a heat gun and rubber bands?

You hear that????

That's a category 5 shit storm coming

n8: hey you doing today. What's it like being a bitch? you can pm me if you'd like to explain why you arent one. Just like you did for your vs threads.

^^^Rules. Follow them.^^^