Sonic Electronix

Car went up in flames..Lost EVERYTHING :'/ PICS Coming later

So op, what kind of ideas were you thinking for your next car? What kind? Who knows, maybe we can let you know not to get a car due to lack of alt upgrades, poor space, hard factory conversion, etc.

I was looking at a 2009 Impala SS...

Is insurance going to cover anything?

yes everything will be covered..

So op, what kind of ideas were you thinking for your next car? What kind? Who knows, maybe we can let you know not to get a car due to lack of alt upgrades, poor space, hard factory conversion, etc.

The Newer Impala SS's have Transmission problems like crazy... FWD with a V-8 = transmission problems.

YES! As Lbox88 said If you want a big system get a car that can be easily upgraded to accept one. I wish I knew what I know now when I got mine. AKA room for more alts/ batteries. Also if you can help it. NON PCM controlled voltage is always a plus. Thats my 2 cents.

And if your wanting a car make sure the back seats fold down. If you want to get loud anyways.

--2004 Toyota 4runner

New Build Log

-2002 Acura Tl-S

Old Build Log

Team DC Audio

ttf.png

spl dust is an option you can get on the coils... it's great for extra 1000 watts of power

where can i get this spl dust and how much is it. is it hard to apply? lol

The Newer Impala SS's have Transmission problems like crazy... FWD with a V-8 = transmission problems.

Not true, my Caddy is a FWD V8 and the transmission in them is solid.

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2011/06/chrysler-replaces-dodge-charger-police-car-after-suspicious-fire.html

Had a similar situation at work. We were sent a bill for 60k after a charger caught fire. Dodge sent a guy to look at the car, I'm not sure about the specifics of how it went down but from what I was told after looking at the car, he said not our fault and Dodge would take care of it from there. The power line from the battery to the front of the car is not protected. After it happened to us we did some searching and noticed that it has happened in various places around the country.

sorry for the lack of response... but EVERYTHING was fused... and i forgot to mention the extra battery i had, a kinetik 1800, properly fused.. My system was checked out by 2 different Shops.. no complaints.. Used a lot of electrical tape, but i did not use any fire protection since the battery was in the trunk.. but i should have anyways..

I did have a problem with the wire going from the battery to the fuse box, it was coming loose and everything in my car was acting funky, voltage rising to 16v... took it to an auto shop, and the guy who checked it out pointed that out, nothing to do with my system.. It was getting crazy hot and he had burned his hand when he came in contact with the wire..

Not thinking it was the wire, i had purchased a new alternator the same day... had it installed the next, and still had 16v.. Took it to an audio shop, and they pointed out the loose bolt.. It was tightened back in place, and everything worked fine and had 14v..

The day of the fire, when i opened my trunk, the fire was coming from under that trunk lid.. My kinetik battery is located and secured in the actual trunk. The fire was coming from the battery, and had spread faster because of the spare tire, located right next to the battery..

Archived