Sonic Electronix

here they call it free air when the magnet isn't in a box...

cuz they say here inverting subs to switching pos & neg of the sub...

i geuss there lots of differences in "giving the kid a name" sort of speak

but inverted sub can create great sound quality (depending of your trunk space)

but best spl (sound pressure level) is played regular placed...

real free airing is when the sub is literally not in a box. or when its in an infinite baffle setup (google it)

inverting a sub or mounting it normally doesn't affect the "spl" or "sq" of the sub. where are you getting this from? what characteristics change? the motor gets better cooling from not being in the box. it looks cooler because of the motor being outside. the sub will act 99.9999% the same when being inverted. the suspension characteristics dont change whatsoever. it still moves back and forth the exact same way.

i only said how they call it here...

and with inverted sub how can your air movement be the same as regular?

if you play inverted in a ported box maybe but when you play inverted to a sealed box your air movement can't be the same...

What do you mean by "how they call it here".

Do you call the moon, mars?

Just changing definitions and facts around?

It is what it is no matter where you are.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

they just give it another name...

just like you call a vw jetta a "jetta" and here it's called a "bora" same shit diffrent name...

It could be a slang term they use, I mean the guy does live in belgium.

well maybe you're right

i mean everytime someone plays "inverted" here they say he plays "free-air"

ment for the magnet and voice coil and spiders are in "open air"

also i didn't say they call it wrong in the U.S. i only stated how they call it here in "nutjob country belgium"

Alright gotcha'.

Kranny has a good explanation of it up there, if you don't believe it then try it out. I doubt you will notice a significant difference if any difference at all. Sub moves the same way, its in the same enclosure. Everything stays the same except for the small amount of displacement.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

Alright gotcha'.

Kranny has a good explanation of it up there, if you don't believe it then try it out. I doubt you will notice a significant difference if any difference at all. Sub moves the same way, its in the same enclosure. Everything stays the same except for the small amount of displacement.

uhu and that's what i wanted to say...

if you got less air movement how can your spl then stay the same?

cuz its sound "pressure" level and i tought for pressure you need the air movement that the cone creates...

or am i wrong?

btw i'm sorry not to mention i'm from across the world :P geuss not only time is different :D

peace

No. Bora and Jetta are two names for the same thing, you are not doing that. You are using two completely separate terms. Displacement is not air movement, and do you even see how small daily subs are? I'm tired of people thinking they're adding so much volume by inverting. Please tell me how you 25oz magnet on a 12" basket was taking up so much space.

People keep talking about the sq of it...and I'm almost willing to bet don't know what sq is or even spl. Because sounding good and getting loud do not mean the same thing.

The basics have been said already, its pretty laid out. Not to mention this years 45th time

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Archived