Sonic Electronix

No. Bora and Jetta are two names for the same thing, you are not doing that. You are using two completely separate terms. Displacement is not air movement, and do you even see how small daily subs are? I'm tired of people thinking they're adding so much volume by inverting. Please tell me how you 25oz magnet on a 12" basket was taking up so much space.

People keep talking about the sq of it...and I'm almost willing to bet don't know what sq is or even spl. Because sounding good and getting loud do not mean the same thing.

The basics have been said already, its pretty laid out. Not to mention this years 45th time

well you know what? i ain't putting time in this anymore!

shit i'm trying to explain my point of view but if your just to freakin ignorent to read what i type i just ain't gonna bother answering

and btw! i do know what spl is i play SS 1-2 class here in belgium... about SQ i may not know all the details there you maybe right

but geuss what I DON'T CARE

what i can't understand is that you say the air movement that the cone makes has NOTHING to do with your spl goïng up or down??????????????

cuz the amount of air your cone moves adds pressure to your cabin that adds to your spl db

but if your gonna go to the spl as in een efficiency (excuse me if its written wrong)

The instantaneous sound pressure is the deviation from the local ambient pressure P0 caused by a sound wave at a given location and given instant in time.

The effective sound pressure is the root mean square of the instantaneous sound pressure over a given interval of time (or space)

argh whatever i'm off to work

Captain butthurt. Team leader of Who Gives a Fuck

umadbro?

OP - try it and see if there is a difference. Sometimes there is, sometimes there isn't. But whatever change there is won't be huge so don't be dissapointed.

It really depends if the extra volume that you make for yourself increases your SPL, the sub should move as much as it would if it wasn't inverted. I'm sure everyone has told you this already

No. Bora and Jetta are two names for the same thing, you are not doing that. You are using two completely separate terms. Displacement is not air movement, and do you even see how small daily subs are? I'm tired of people thinking they're adding so much volume by inverting. Please tell me how you 25oz magnet on a 12" basket was taking up so much space.

People keep talking about the sq of it...and I'm almost willing to bet don't know what sq is or even spl. Because sounding good and getting loud do not mean the same thing.

The basics have been said already, its pretty laid out. Not to mention this years 45th time

well you know what? i ain't putting time in this anymore!

shit i'm trying to explain my point of view but if your just to freakin ignorent to read what i type i just ain't gonna bother answering

and btw! i do know what spl is i play SS 1-2 class here in belgium... about SQ i may not know all the details there you maybe right

but geuss what I DON'T CARE

what i can't understand is that you say the air movement that the cone makes has NOTHING to do with your spl goïng up or down??????????????

cuz the amount of air your cone moves adds pressure to your cabin that adds to your spl db

but if your gonna go to the spl as in een efficiency (excuse me if its written wrong)

The instantaneous sound pressure is the deviation from the local ambient pressure P0 caused by a sound wave at a given location and given instant in time.

The effective sound pressure is the root mean square of the instantaneous sound pressure over a given interval of time (or space)

argh whatever i'm off to work

Captain butthurt. Team leader of Who Gives a Fuck

umadbro?

OP - try it and see if there is a difference. Sometimes there is, sometimes there isn't. But whatever change there is won't be huge so don't be dissapointed.

He's not mad, he's tired of seeing the same type of threads pop up 50 times a year because someone is to lazy to search for a topic that covers the same damn info that has already been made more than once..

It does get real old being a regular member and seeing the same type of topics all the time because someone is to lazy to use the search functions....

Daily Driver 1999 Kia Sephia

Kenwood DNX-893s
Audison Bit One Processor
2 Dat 4.125's
Sundown Audio SCV-6k
Hertz hsk-165xl's Mids running active                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Focal V30 Series Tweeters running active 
Sundown Sa-8 v1's in the doors
2 Sundown Zv5 12's 
Lots of Hushmat
Big 3+ and 3 + & 3- runs of Trystar 2/0
2 Dc Power Engineering 320 HP Alts

2017 Comp Vehicle
2006 Toyota 4 Runner
Kenwood Excelon DNX-893s                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Audison Bit One HD DSP
4 Sundown Sa 6.5v2 Component Sets 
Focal Access 6.5 2 ways
Sundown Audio Sax-50.4                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Sundown Audio Sax-100.4
2 Dc Power 370xp
Northstar agm27f
Northstar agm65
2 Northstar asmagm 480's
2 Dual 1 Sundown Nightshade v3 12's
2 Sundown SCV-7500's
All SMD Fuse Holders
Shitload Of Sundown 1/0

120 sq ft Second Skin Damp Pro

No, Its Not A Burp Truck!!!!

2016 Season 3rd place in Xtreme 1 At Finals

2016 Season 6th Place In Kaos 1 At Finals ( Blew The Subs Up In First Round Eliminations)

2 Kansas State Records Set In 2016 In Xtreme 1 And Kaos 1 In Midwest SPL

2-1.jpgsa.jpg
DCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

David said:

audio is a lifestyle, not a hobby

newls1
I cant read a tape to save my life... 1/2's are ok, but other marks confuse me
kingsuv
only men who cant read a tape, take it in the ass
kingsuv
you sir, get a pink hard hat on jobsites

^^^ Yeah, this, I have always ran inverted due to space issues, so I have always put input on every topic of this fashion. There are sooo many of these made, use the search tool, there for a reason.

not all subs are able to play "free-air" (inverted) that's what i was told

also it would be great for SQ purposes but for SPL it wouldn't be so great.. but i think for spl playing subs inverted your trunk/overall car space has a big factor on how they perform

correct me if i'm wrong

Okay.

It wouldn't be free air.

I don't get your SPL and SQ theory.

Inverting the subs makes very very little change, a lot of times its inaudible.

To your statement saying a lot of times its inaudible. It actually, believe it or not, is quite noticeable. I was running one sub inverted, one normal, and when I switched to both inverted. I noticed a significant difference in my low end, and lowered my tuning easily a full 1Hz, maybe a bit more. I am not saying any of this to bash you, just saying there is noticeable differences. Like I states, I've ran inverted for quite some time, and have always experimented with them like this. My subs to say to, are very tiny compared to most modern "Bass Head" subs. my .02

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm