Ported Box 4 Re Mt 18's (my Current Box) Updates, More Pics 4-21-07

Steve, First, the box looks great!  I wanted to ask you about the inside setup and resin.. Did you just use the whole 5 gal. of resin alone or did you fiber glass and resin the inside??   Also, is resin supose to be very thick with the hardner added? As you can see, I just started learning about resin so I'm a bit lost.. is there a way to think this stuff out or I'm not supose to? =V^I gotta try that 45 degree angle thing you did.. I think I may need some more resin. Waiting to hear from you. until then take care and GOD BLESSGavin

thanks man!  Yes there is 4 layers and some places 5 of nytex "X" mat 19 0z glass mat.  You dont want to go very thick on the resin without anything backing it up or it WILL crack on you.  If you 45 the corners the way i did you might experience some cracking since its thick in those areas.  What i did though was once i had the shape i went over it another time with one layer of mat and some resin to cover the cracks and its perfect!  Also mixing too "hot" makes it want to crack and warp more then normal so get your ratio of Catalyst to Resin right for the conditions outside and watch the thickness.....you should be iiiight.  When in doubt toss a layer of mat in and be done with it though  :^
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

love teh set up!!!! props!!! :^

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

• 3 weeks later...

i like the box it is very intimidataing even when its empty i would like to build somthing  close to that design for 2-15" DD 3515 in a 1995 rodeo im going to push them with 2 DDz1s i want it to get loud but i am building a super street 1-2 car thats gonna get crazy loud there but your truck is banging i love the vid on you scaring the girls

Few questions for you Steve-(1)What kind of Resin is it that you used?I use regular Bondo All purpose fiberglass resin. Do you recommend some thing else?(2)Is the top of the box fiberglassed also? If so, is it fiberglassed inside the box, outside, or both?(3) By simply dropping resin mixed with hardner (of course) all over the bottom of the box with no sort of fabric still give it extra support/bracing or must you always use some sort of weave/fabric?(4) Do you know of some where online where I can purchase resin cheaper than what I can find it at HD? 5 gallons of resin at home depot I think would be around $145 or so just on resin.

i dont have any questions, the pictures tell the whole story and i love it detail in the whole box design , esp the resin 45's thats pimp  :^  and the changeable port is awsome as well  :-* i will defentaly burrow a few of the methods used in this box when i beggin rebuilding my wall (and ill take pics of the demo and rebuild of my box as well for all to see) im hopein to fit 20 10's and 8 6.5s with 4 horns in my new wall and have it carpetd or finished in some fashion or another ...but meade you rule and so does your boxes  =V^

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

• 1 month later...