2002 Trailblazer Rear Power windows will not work

Not sure if this is the right spot for this topic and if its not please lock.

Have a 2002 Trailblazer with a rear passenger/right side door window not working. I ordered a passenger side/rear right window motor online and when i got it in the mail i started taking the right door panel off.

I noticed i was sent a left rear window motor so i was pretty upset. However, i disconnected the window motor in this malfunctioning side and connected this new motor and started messing with the window lift up/down button. I kept clicking in and the new motor would not do anything.

I switched to the left rear passenger window, took off panel, and also connected this motor and started clicking again and the new motor did move. So i tested the motor that i suspected of not working and indeed it did work by itself.

So my problem is this, after i put the panels back on since i was not going to be installing this new motor since i actually got the wrong side, the window switch on both the rear left and right doors now BOTH do not work when before my left rear button did work and my right rear did not.

I was advised that i should replace both window switches and if that does not work it might be my Body Control Module?

Edited by teamace24

1st Setup(SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 Audioque SDC2.5 15 subs8.7 cubes at 37hz build DONEAudioque 1200d (Audioque 1200d Sold, similar performance to my ap1500)Diamond Audio Hex 6.5 Mids n TweetsCerwin Vega Exl 400 4 channel Bridged(also have MTX 4004 not being used)1 Run of power Knu Fleks 4 Gauge2 Cheap stock Battery setup2nd Setup (SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 15 Kicker cvx (maybe two SA 15 in future)7 cubes net tuned at 34hzAlphasonik Old school 1600rms (ap 1500d sold GREAT Budget amp)JBL 6.5 Power Series Components, Infinity Kappa 6.5 3 ways, and 2 Kicker KS Tweets (LOUD)Cerwin vega exl4001 run knu Fleks OFC 0 gaugeBig 3 done1 Odyssey 1500, 1 optima yellow top d31

updated this

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 Audioque SDC2.5 15 subs8.7 cubes at 37hz build DONEAudioque 1200d (Audioque 1200d Sold, similar performance to my ap1500)Diamond Audio Hex 6.5 Mids n TweetsCerwin Vega Exl 400 4 channel Bridged(also have MTX 4004 not being used)1 Run of power Knu Fleks 4 Gauge2 Cheap stock Battery setup2nd Setup (SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 15 Kicker cvx (maybe two SA 15 in future)7 cubes net tuned at 34hzAlphasonik Old school 1600rms (ap 1500d sold GREAT Budget amp)JBL 6.5 Power Series Components, Infinity Kappa 6.5 3 ways, and 2 Kicker KS Tweets (LOUD)Cerwin vega exl4001 run knu Fleks OFC 0 gaugeBig 3 done1 Odyssey 1500, 1 optima yellow top d31

Check the fuses? Double check that everything got plugged in?

Do you hear the motor for the window clicking when you press the button? My 04 envoy has like a safety switch where if i hold the button for too long it will disengage the motor so you cant burn it out and the clicking will just be for each little relay built into the switch for the doors. My two front windows which are automatic for going down will cease to have the automatic function if i hold the buttons too long and that safety shut off turns on. To fix that i just have to disconnect both the front door unlock/lock and window control panels, wait a minute, reinstall them. The rear windows i never have a problem with, just gotta wait a min and they fire back up just fine. Id try disconnecting both window switches completely and wait a minute or two before reinstalling them. Also for how weird they are, you NEED ALL the switches installed properly and hooked up or the window will not move. I had it where the driver side module was plugged in and working but my passenger door was torn apart and the switch panel for that side wasnt hooked up. Without it being hooked up i couldnt move the window up or down or lock/unlock that door or move the power mirrors. Those damn panels complete the entire circuit for that shit.

Youre problem sounds just like what i had when i tore my doors all apart to put the new mids into them. My locks wouldnt work and the windows didnt move which i was really screwed to fix fast because it rained the same night i put the speakers in lol. I just turned the key off, pulled my key out, kept my driver side door open so that any of those RAP powered devices like your windows would be killed, fully disconnected every window switch panel from every door, waited a few minutes, reconnected it in the order of drivers side front door>passenger side front door>rear driver side>rear passenger side. It all worked like a charm after that.

Edited by kickass audio

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Ok im going to try to disconnect everything then wait and reconnect.

But what about the rear passenger side switch was already not working even before the rear drivers side switch decided to also not work.

Is it possible to put the front passenger switch on the rears and test it so i can rule out or in a bad rear switch?

yes, it could be your switch in the drivers door, maybe not. but all the wires go there as well...

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipP7rjav9cD9UFdAYBJmz4M4LoNlF26ng1xhAf4Uhttps://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipP7rjav9cD9UFdAYBJmz4M4LoNlF26ng1xhAf4U

2013 DODGE CHALLENGER R/T

SUNDOWN ZV4-18

CRESCENDO 3.5K

PIONEER AVIC 5300 NEX

ALPINE TYPE R 6.5S & 6X9'S

ROCKFORD FOSGATE 1.5" TWEETS

5 C&D TECH BATTS

My drivers side front switch works as well as the front passenger side switch.

Both the rears are the problem even though originally it was just my rear right side not working then i tested a motor on that bad side and it messed up everything some how.

My truck wouldnt start, radio wouldnt start, but then that was fixed by just unhooking fuses and hooking them back up.

Unhooking all of the switches did not work.

My two rear power window switches and horn are not working.

I tested both window motors and they both work.

One window switch had not been working for a year and the other just stopped working last week along with the horn.

My remote fob when i lock the truck does not make the horn sound neither like it should

All fuses and relays properly checked with test lights and work.

I might just buy two new back rear switches and see what happens.

What controls the rear switches? If its not the actual switches then what can it be?

Is the BCM involved some how?

Horn now works it was just a relay problem.

Power window both rear not working so either switches or something else?