Second Skin Audio

18" Subs

I hear a lot of people saying 18s are sloppy.

Which is true, but back in the day. Even 15s back in the day where sloppy.

With the newer spiders and surrounds being stronger/stiffer/flexable, that is not the case no more now days.

If you get some 18s you will most likely end up proven your friend wrong and making a believer out of him :)

I just skimmed thru this thread really fast, but the reason a 18 has an efficiency of only 86, when a 12" has a 96db eff, its due to Fs freq of the speaker for 1, lower frequencies are harder to reproduce louder, than higher Freq

Check any speaker out with a Fs of 20hz

any other speaker with a Fs of 30hz would be a lil more efficient

But then you have cone area factor, and volumn displacement Xmax x's cone area, ect ect- That out ways over all efficiency

But yeah, them Mach 5s... cant go wrong with any 18" at that price

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

alright first to reach your goal lets start out with a budget if it hasn't been already stated... as for the tc sounds(audiopulse) subwoofers they are a really good choice for this , $2000 msrp is retail. No one pays retail for anything unless your a moron.There is a 5400 15" on roe for sale for 700$ if that's to high up your budget you may wanna look into soundspilter's subwoofer's.

145 @ 20hz is crazy. It'll take either a lot of subs or a lot of power which = a lot of money. A 145 @ 30-32hz is much more reasonable. My setup of two Fi Bl 18s and two RF T1Ks hit a 145 @ 30hz so I guarantee its very doable.

yeah I was just getting ready to respond to that.

145@ 20hz is not impossible but for a new guy like yourself forget about it.

yeah I was just getting ready to respond to that.

145@ 20hz is not impossible but for a new guy like yourself forget about it.

x2 on that, 20 hertz does not sound like much anyways. With my Two FI BTL/MT's and 6000 watts, I am not even sure if I can hit that 145 @ 20 hertz, maybe.... but 30-35 hertz will sound way way louder and still sound very low.

Edited by redbaron80

Official Scores at the Dash. and YES. My Bass Boxing is louder than Burp! - 155.5 DB Drag Burp- 155.6 - IASCA Bass Boxing on music (30 seconds straight) sealed up Builds 1. The Acura Integra build = http://www.stevemead...s/page__st__6802. BLK SIN Build = http://www.stevemead...w-pics-10-6-07/

OK scratch the 20hz thing then.

What that post was about is just really low bass that makes it hard to breathe.

I would be very happy with 145's at 30hz.

Is that the peak frequency rating or just the rating for that note?

For first I would def go for the Mach 5's, just something to play around with.

Then be an asshole and sell them to a kid at school for $300 for the pair. LOL J/K unless he would do it. :P

Well until I hit the lottery or spin for $9000 on Moola it will be about 5 month's until I can afford the stuff but thanks for the info.