Kenne Bell 2010 Mustang GT: Speed (slow) and Sound Build

^Yup yup

Whats your point Lbox?

That 'a bit undersized' is a bit of an understatement when considering that real 2/0 is supposed to take a 70mm2 die to crimp on and HF's 1/0 crimper crimps correctly for....

Wait for it.....

4 awg.

Had I known better I would have exchanged it and not just gotten by and did things my own way to make it work. Had someone told me right when I got it, before I used it and scuffed it to hell, I would have returned it.

Just trying to help someone to avoid what I did, in case that person wanted the right tool to get a proper crimp in both function and appearance.

This is from Decaf, who used the 12 ton version of the one I linked from ebay to properly crimp 1/0.

formed.jpg

Ken if you just want to use the HF one and add some solder to make sure it's a 100% good connection that's fine, that's what I do, just thought I would inform you there are other options if you wanted also.

Finally got the damn alt in, should have done it at DC. I had to grind some the alt bracket (you guys know how thick they are) because it was made for the factory small case, not the large case XP. Anyway, all I have is my shitty cordless drill and a couple cuttiing discs (for air grinder), so it took me over an hour to grind the thing down.

A little personalization

IMAG0992.jpg

After the grinding, all was going smooth until....

IMAG0993.jpg

IMAG0994.jpg

The damn plug doesn't have room to snap in. Loosen all bolts again, plug it in, tighten everything down again.

Done. This is pure sex.

IMAG0995.jpg

Last pic, I ran for a towel. That,.... Is............ Smex.

Period, end discuss.

Archived