Sundown Audio

Hifonics BRZ1700.1d?

AB18VFL

You are clearly not getting my point. I guess I've found the critic on the forums.

I'm done.

you found one of the more intelligent people on the forum is what happened, and when he challenges your points you give irrational answers.

from what you have posted in this thread, i would advise NO ONE to listen or take advise from you.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Of course there was no box rise. He clamped it free air.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Back to your question...

I HAVE a BRZ1700.1 I have been using it without trouble for about 18 months. It's only been on a 2Ω nominal load. I rolled my car when it was hooked up in the trunk. The box broke loose and smashed the amp against the back of the seats, tore the wires out too. There's a big gash in the aluminum where it impacted something.

I opened it up and didn't see anything loose or obviously damaged. When I hooked it up again, in my new car, it turned on and worked great. There's nothing wrong with the build quality, that's for sure. They're sturdy amps.

They will get warm, because they're not very efficient. It's kinda big and bulky for the power it puts out. I do believe it puts out rated power. I haven't clamped it though. My only gripe, as someone else pointed out, is that the + - terminals are angled. So unless you raise it up or use too small wire, you'll have a helluva time getting your wires to go in nicely.

It sounds great, and I plan on keeping it. That said, there might be better alternatives, but it's still a good buy.

2005 Subaru Outback Wagon Pioneer 9400BH Fi Q 15, SAZ1500dV3

The first build>>> http://www.stevemead...-outback-build/

140.9 @ 36hz Sealed on dash!

REBUILT!!! 2 Fi Q 15s, 2 SAZ1500dv3 146.9 @ 39hz dBDRA certified

i have owned 4 hifonics and they will be the last i will ever buy. nothing against them and they are good amps but after switching i have cleaner and louder bass with amps that are rated at the same wattage. tuning them with the DD-1 only showed how dirty they are. they are cheap in price but for the same price of a (BRZ2400) you can get a crescendo BC2000d. sometimes its worth spending the extra $50 on better equipment

Clipping = dirty?

yes.

they are not very clean. not bad for the price but for $50 anyone can get something a bit better now

edit: i do have an older hifonic. its te bxi series and i do think its better and cleaner than the new brz series. maybe if i learn how to clamp in the future i can clamp and test them

And Colin, where do you keep finding your amps at? I'm looking for more lol. Either another BXI1610 or another BRZ1200

Sorry on taking a while to respond brother, I was installing said 4th amp and re-wiring the 12 subs (*phew*).

EBAY!!! Ebay is my friend. Just like celery, I'm stalkin. This last one straight took 2 years to get the right model at the right price from a seller worth a crap.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

That's what I've been doing is stalkin Ebay lol, everything pops up either at too high of a price or when I'm too broke lol

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

That's what I've been doing is stalkin Ebay lol, everything pops up either at too high of a price or when I'm too broke lol

I know. Same with me... that is why it ended up being like 2 years. LOL. Hey... check this out:

181401_2902305615015_635169614_n.jpg

Muuwaaaahahahaha!

For the OP: I like them a lot. Would I go with something else? Sure. Would I pull out these because I dislike them enough to look for something else?? Not Just No. Good amps if you treat them right. :good:

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

And don't come back with a dumbass reply because you know damn well, what I am saying is possible. Again, when it was clamped at 1100.

youre braindead kid, the 1200.1d was clamped at 1400.

SUBSCRIBE AT YOUTUBE! 18abVFL < CLICK!!

2005 Subaru Impreza

My build log.

Head unit- Kenwood Excelon KDC-X695

Front doors- Rockford Fosgate 6.5" Prime components

Rear doors- Rockford Fosgate 4" Punch coaxials

Sub amp- Audiopipe AP18001d

Subs- Two American Bass TNT 10"s

Box- 2.6 cubes @ 34hz, 36in of port

Big 3 & run of Raptor 1/0 to rear powercell

TEAM 808 UPSTATE NY.

ab1.png

Can it be heard 2 blocks away, thats how i rate systems.

Archived