what is going on with gm on the impala?

It seems like gm is slapping names on something that people thing will buy cause of yesteryears. With the way gm is going, specially with the no so good demand of he volt and the airbags deploying for no reasons on some of their cars, I am sorry to say, gm is starting to lose it again.

hate to say it but i think your right only good thing this year i think is the ZL1 camaro

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

GM stated that by 2014 they wanted to cut 50% of their vehicle diversity. Meaning they wanted to cut down how many engine went into each vehicle and build different vehicles on the same platform in a since cutting r&d costs in half. What we have been dealt is the 3.6l which is in the Buick enclave, Cadillac SRX, Cadillac CTS, Cadillac ATS, Cadillac XTS, Buick Lacrosse, GMC Acadia, GMC Terrain. The 4 cylinders are poplar because recently we have been able to crank a ton of power out of a 4 cylinder and still get respectable gas mileage. Take the Buick Regal GS, it's a 2.0L turbo cranking almost 270hp. GM is achieving the goal that they have set out to do. Remember every Escalade you see 3 small cars with little motor have to be sold to offset their balance with government. Other wise at the end of the year GM get nailed in penalties for not meeting the avg mpg for thir fleet of vehicles.

As a true motor head and bass head I do not like to see what is going on with the motor choices, but there are enough people in government that can make a lot of money on taxing people that for instance sign up for the gas guzzler tax when buying a guzzler. And enough people are concerned about the environment that true motor Headz have to stick to building old cars with new crate motors!

Sorry for the rant but I work at a dealership that sells GM products and I see it everyday!

03' NISSAN XTERRA

(1) AQ3500d

(1) AQ4x90

(1) Audio Control Line Driver

(4) DC LVL 4 15's

Cresendo Mids and Highs

100' of 0/guage

Big Three

Mechman 270a Charging @ 16.5v

(6) XS D1400's

Highest Termlab Score 149.9 at the kick & 166.1 in the Port/ on stock electrical and 1 DC XL M1

Updated JUNE 2012*****MY BUILD LOG

USACI REGION 6 POINTS LEADER 2011

USACI KANSAS RECORD HOLDER 2011

Team DC

dcletterhead.jpg

http://www.dcsoundlab.com/

It seems like gm is slapping names on something that people thing will buy cause of yesteryears. With the way gm is going, specially with the no so good demand of he volt and the airbags deploying for no reasons on some of their cars, I am sorry to say, gm is starting to lose it again.

i kind of like the sound of the volt , i think a car that drives by electric and generates its own electric energy could be awesome for mileage , the railroad has been using diesel over electric technology for a long time , big diesel running big generator which powers the traction motors to drive the wheels , scaled down i think this is the ticket to practical economical automobiles for every day people

:glare: looks like a modified 2014 impala to me don't get me wrong its nice but it pisses ME OFF!! :dammit:

skar sk2500.1
alpine HU
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

don't get me wrong here i love my 2003 impala with the 3.8l

this gen impala that you are referring to is the biggest piece of shit car i have ever driven

my family has had 3 buicks, 2 dodges, 1 ford, 1 pontiac, 1 infiniti, 1 chevy truck and a 2005 impala. and by far and away that impala has given us the most problems

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

this gen impala that you are referring to is the biggest piece of shit car i have ever driven

my family has had 3 buicks, 2 dodges, 1 ford, 1 pontiac, 1 infiniti, 1 chevy truck and a 2005 impala. and by far and away that impala has given us the most problems

well i haven't had very many problems with mine

skar sk2500.1
alpine HU
2 x-15 sundowns

• 2 weeks later...

well i haven't had very many problems with mine

I have a 2008 Impala LS 3.5L v6 and it has plenty of get up and go.... Its also been a reliable powerplant as I have not had to do anything other than routine maintenance to it... :)

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

I don't know about the impala but I'm saving up my money and building credit for the 2014 SS or 2015 Caprice. Hopefully the Caprice comes out as a SS too, If so I'll wait for that. :)

90 Nissan 240sx

Avic z-140bh

Audison SR4

Audison Voce 6.5s

CDT es-20 tweeters

Sundown 1500v3

(2) DD 9510's

3 cube box 2 6" aeros

XS Power D2400 & Xp950

Skyhigh/Knukonceptz/Rockford Fosgate wiring

More Coming Soon.. Check my builds below.

97 Civic Hatch Build

86 Caprice Build

you can pick up a chick in a car... I think it'd be hard to roll up mackin on a broad sittin on a sundown. My opinion