tests between ofc and cca

so i found this today checking my youtubez

and thought it would be useful

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

very nice. but having the wire balled like that makes the temps go up. if you look at the ends of the cca, its no where near as hot as the middle. but it would still be much higher than ofc, and you would still lose power.

small applications i still say cca is fine. if your going to put the max amount of current threw a wire obviously go with ofc.

reaper.png

thats alot of energy lost to resistance and heat

i had the thought that maybe the wire coiled like that could cause some type of inductance , but still what a loss for the cca

I have made up my mind on my wire for my next build

Clip city bitch, clip clip city bitch. 10's, 12's, 15's, goin up in flames bitch.

TaylorFade, on 02 Jul 2013 - 9:38 PM, said:

Go back to that place, ask to speak to that dude again, look him dead in the eye and then.... pop him in the snot box.

Tell him T-Fade sent you.

very nice. but having the wire balled like that makes the temps go up. if you look at the ends of the cca, its no where near as hot as the middle. but it would still be much higher than ofc, and you would still lose power.

small applications i still say cca is fine. if your going to put the max amount of current threw a wire obviously go with ofc.

I guess then you refuse to do the big 3.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

O.o both the ofc and cca are like that cooler at the ends but hotter in the middle

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

Archived