tests between ofc and cca

ok well question....what would heat be if say it was 2 cca 1/0 vs 1 ofc 1/0 cuz you can get 2 50 ft cca knukonceptz spools for a hair under the price of one 50ft spool of knukonceptz ofc if i remember correctly....and i know some people wouldnt have the space for tons and tons of runs but if space wasn't an issue would it be more cost effective to do that?

very nice. but having the wire balled like that makes the temps go up. if you look at the ends of the cca, its no where near as hot as the middle. but it would still be much higher than ofc, and you would still lose power.

small applications i still say cca is fine. if your going to put the max amount of current threw a wire obviously go with ofc.

I guess then you refuse to do the big 3.

what does that have to do with the big 3? all im saying is having it balled up like that will make a much more dramatic effect than a straight run of wire. last i checked i didn't ball up my big 3.

plus i use welding wire for my 0+. get it at cost.

reaper.png

ok well question....what would heat be if say it was 2 cca 1/0 vs 1 ofc 1/0 cuz you can get 2 50 ft cca knukonceptz spools for a hair under the price of one 50ft spool of knukonceptz ofc if i remember correctly....and i know some people wouldnt have the space for tons and tons of runs but if space wasn't an issue would it be more cost effective to do that?

not sure but in a longer run there would be more resistance with either or but the ofc would probably be cooler overall due to it being about 2.5-3 times cooler compared to the cca in higher amperage applications

srry can't really help with this not really experienced just found the vid

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

wish they would have said what amperage they were putting through each wire. obviously CCA handles less current but thats not always a terrible thing. lets say your power supply from the front of the car can supply 400 amps. thats too much for one run of OFC 1/0 so you would need two. however, you could save the money and get two runs of CCA and that would easily handle the 400 amps. but in their test, if they put 300 amps through both 1/0 wires and the OFC is rated to 300-350amps and the CCA is rated to 250 amps, well then of course the CCA wire will heat up. put 400 amps to the OFC wire and watch the same thing happen.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

wish they would have said what amperage they were putting through each wire. obviously CCA handles less current but thats not always a terrible thing. lets say your power supply from the front of the car can supply 400 amps. thats too much for one run of OFC 1/0 so you would need two. however, you could save the money and get two runs of CCA and that would easily handle the 400 amps. but in their test, if they put 300 amps through both 1/0 wires and the OFC is rated to 300-350amps and the CCA is rated to 250 amps, well then of course the CCA wire will heat up. put 400 amps to the OFC wire and watch the same thing happen.

they used the same amp for the test but amperage would help like you said

skar sk2500.1
alpine HU
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

they used the same amp for the test but amperage would help like you said

i know it was the same for each wire. thats my point. if they were drawing the max current for the OFC and drawing the same current though the CCA then its obvious it would heat up like that. its not rated to handle the same current.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

exactly need some different testing with the max handling capacity of both wire sizes and types this vid might not have helped at all unless you are trying to pull too many amps through the wire itself which in this case it would be more ideal to use ofc

damn vid got tore down ouch

skar sk2500.1
alpine HU
2 x-15 sundowns

exactly need some different testing with the max handling capacity of both wire sizes and types this vid might not have helped at all unless you are trying to pull too many amps through the wire itself which in this case it would be more ideal to use ofc

there is just so much science it's an alright subject but can be very complicated :glare:

damn vid got tore down ouch

i failed accidentally clicked the quote button i am getting off the computer

skar sk2500.1
alpine HU
2 x-15 sundowns

Glad I got OFC, also glad I got OFC at cost :twirl:

How much and what brand?

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db