Second Skin Audio

2 12" Trunk box

I have 2 12" RE SEX's soon to be running on a SA-1200d or SA1500d. Whichever I can save money for lol. But i need a box in my trunk for the subs. I was thinking about doing one sub in a box on each side of the trunk behind the wheel well at first. But now I'm thinking I should them in a box towards the front of the trunk and use the back seat arm rest as a port opening, or the stock 8" woofer in the back deck for a port. Is there any advantage to using my wheel wells instead of doing a standard box? I feel like firing the subs towards each other will be way quieter than firing back...

I know i need measurements for the design, but its hot as hell today and I don't feel like getting my lazy ass outside.

Current Sealed Box

R5Yln.jpg

Shitty Pic of the wheel area I was thinking about. There is one of these on both sides of my trunk.

misUV.jpg

Where the port could come through the back seat

seSWz.jpg

8" in the back deck under the grill which could be a port

pxTvn.jpg

Other side of the back deck

qcNFx.jpg

Current System:

Clarion CZ702

Stock 5 channel amplifier

Infinity Reference 4022i 4"

GRS 6.5"

Audiopipe 1800.1

2 RE Audio SEX V2's In a 4th order ported though the armrest

2003 130 Amp Toyota Highlander alternator

You should go with a single box. The port will depend on the space you have. If you port through the armrest you have to space the subs apart to fit the port in the middle. If you use the rear deck opening the subs can be closer together for a narrower box. I would face the subs forward toward the seat seal off the trunk and port up for no trunk rattle. If your sears fold maybe even a small hair trick.

You should go with a single box. The port will depend on the space you have. If you port through the armrest you have to space the subs apart to fit the port in the middle. If you use the rear deck opening the subs can be closer together for a narrower box. I would face the subs forward toward the seat seal off the trunk and port up for no trunk rattle. If your sears fold maybe even a small hair trick.

there are a few options,

4th order ported through rear shelf in stock sub position (stealth look), then you dont need to keep the arm rest down all the time

or through the arm rest and leave it down all the time

also standard ported box sub/ port fwd forward

aero ported sub fwd port through rear shelf, either in a v design or standard box,

theis boxes do not suit your car or sub but they will give you a good idea of what you want, and can do, also disregard the measurements as not all of these boxes are correct

fororder.png

vsbox-1.jpg

152152-1.png

2p.png

sa124th.png

xx.png

Untitledlolokijuhy.png

I want to see the second from the bottom built.

That box has been built, it was for a single 15"

In 2.5 net @ 35hz

It wast exact to that drawing as that was a concept.

Looked good but didn't work so well, it was ported through the middle seat in a Holden vs statesman

Edited by john253a

Thanks for the replies. I'll take some time to look these ideas over and see what'll work best for my car. They all look pretty interesting, it'll be hard to choose just one. I'm really digging both of the 4th order boxes and the bottom one.

Edit: Alright. 4th order ported through the deck it is. Need to get the measurements to design it, who would you guys suggest to have help me? No audio shops around me here in central southern Wisconsin so I'm pretty much on my own using you guys for help lol

Edited by littlehitter

Current System:

Clarion CZ702

Stock 5 channel amplifier

Infinity Reference 4022i 4"

GRS 6.5"

Audiopipe 1800.1

2 RE Audio SEX V2's In a 4th order ported though the armrest

2003 130 Amp Toyota Highlander alternator