Sonic Electronix

Rear Deck & Too Much Bass damage 6.5's?

Hello all :)

I have a major rear deck rattling problem. Actually, major isn't the word for it, more like catastrophic. The noise that comes from my rear deck is unbearable when the volume is just on 20, with the amp gain to the subs at a little over halfway. One of my rear deck speakers is actually dying (might already be gone). Is there any idea of something I can use to stop some of the resonance/rattles? Anything that is cheap?

Can you actually produce too much bass from subs to damage your rear deck speakers? 2 12's, each hitting around 600 rms each.

you could make some baffles out of fiberglass to seal the full range speakers off from the trunk , start with some foam baffles and build them up with resin and glass , the rear deck parts them selves may take some creativity to secure so they don't make a bunch of noise

Ok, well then if i see and read correct, i did have the same issue. The enclosure (and pressure made) in the trunk would find the mechanical limit of the 6x9's in the rear deck and they would POP. I said to hell with it, and just took them out. I suppose like stated above, there is a few things you can try. The noise and lack there of, they gave me, wasnt worth it to even keep them ,... again, just TO ME... your situation maybe different.

Ok, well then if i see and read correct, i did have the same issue. The enclosure (and pressure made) in the trunk would find the mechanical limit of the 6x9's in the rear deck and they would POP. I said to hell with it, and just took them out. I suppose like stated above, there is a few things you can try. The noise and lack there of, they gave me, wasnt worth it to even keep them ,... again, just TO ME... your situation maybe different.

They're actually 6.5's. Sorry about the horrible clarification everyone.

Yes, it makes a pop sound, and definitely destroys the mechanical limit. However, I took the grille off and looked at the wiring and saw that there were some bad connections, soldered the wire to the speakers, and there is very, very little distortion. I do however believe the bass will continue to destroy the speakers.

Edited by Landon22

What kind of car?

VM-1

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Hertz HSK 165XL

Arc Audio KS 300.2

Linear Power 1002 Full Mods

Fi Audio Q 10s

Sundown Audio Scv 3000

Big 3

XS Power D5100 Juice Box 20AH

Singer Alternator

Sky High Wire

<p>My Ebay feedback. http://feedback.ebay...tab=AllFeedback

If you are determined to keep your rear fill (like I am) then you can try and fiberglassing the rear deck bottom making it completely sealed from the trunk then put some sound dampener on top of that. Just make sure you use a few layers of mat to make it strong. I've been thinking about doing this to my car since I still want my rear fill but don't want them to get ruined by my subs.

HU: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X791

Fronts: Image Dynamics CTX65CS

Rears: Image Dynamics CTX69

Subs: 2, 12" Boston Acoustics G5 w/ GTR passive radiators

4-channel amp: MB Quart ONX4.125

Sub amp: Kicker ZX750.1 ('07 model, 926 watts RMS @ 2ohms rated)

1/0 awg Rockford Fosgate & KnuKonceptz wiring all around

XS Power D5100R main battery

Coming soon: Mechman 220 amp alternator & Sundown Audio 125.4