Can I use 16 volt batteries?

I have a 2001 Chevy S10 Blazer and I was wondering if I can run 16 volt batteries in it. I plan on replacing my under the hood battery and putting a few in the back. I believe my suv runs at 14.4v (well thats what i see on the gauge as normal but not 100% sure). The gauge reads from 9v to 19v i believe but the red lines are right near 9 and 19 so I would think it would be alright to run it in between? I was planning on putting some xs D1400s as replacements but would it be better to put some xs D1600s instead? I am curious, I plan on putting a monster system in it and I want to get the most out of it. Any help would be appreciated!

i wouldn't do that if i were you. stick with 12v.

sigbanner.png

2001 chevy cavalier

Rebuild in progress

what happens when your CD player skips and you accidentally drop a 22 hz sine bomb at an unholy volume on 7-8 year old subs? Mechanical failure floppy sub knockage on at least 2.

well...as i see the level 6 is compared to a lamborghini.....but a corvette?

i was thinking more like a chevy volt. its cute and new and "hip", but i would just rather stick my dick in a blender.........

You will burn up everything in the dash ... If you must run 16v on your amps, run a separate alternator for your 16v setup and only run your amps with them ... Leave everything else stock charging please ...

Edited by Cablguy184

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Stick to 12 volt.

Head unit: Pioneer P880prsFront stage: Alpine Type X 17PRO componentsComponent amp: PPI BK 800.4Subs: Two SSA XCON 12's in 4.5 cubes tuned to 34hzSub amp: PPI BK1300.1Sound Deadening: Second Skin Damplifier Pro, Spectrum, and Sludge

Team SSA

Team Alerion

and a minimum of 18v (from what ive heard) to even be close to adequately charging 16v batteries, ur better off sticking with 12v batteries

Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/152368-littlebuck1919s-feedback/#entry2177586

i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

6/18/82 - 4/17/12

R.I.P. to my sister Shana