most amp power for VVX

I had 2 12s on a Powerbass xta 5k at .5 daily, now Im running them on a DD m3 at .5 daily

i'd love to see clamp numbers, I highly doubt you're pushing more than 3k rms daily to a pair, DAILY as in you can play a whole song full tilt within tuning, then another song, without stopping to let the coils cool down. I had my pair on a 3.5k at .5, sending them the cleanest signal I could but they were still catching hell not matter what song I played, coils never got stinky because I didn't let them play that long. They are underrated but not underrated to take 2500rms a piece. To the op I wouldn't go more than 900rms daily to each sub.

Aren't you kinda saying you're doing the same thing? 3.5k at .5 (not putting imp rise into any of this cause it differs too much per set up) on an amp which does more than 3.5k at 1 ohm, but you're at half...wouldn't this make you closer to 4.5k, which then divided by two isn't too far from 2500 each. Granted that 5k at .5 is gonna be a lot more than 2500 as well as the m3, but yea.

:ehh:

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

I have been meaning to clamp my m3 for a while, I will clamp it tmrw and post results. Im sure Im not clamping more then 3k, but would be surprised if Im clamping less then 2k

Team Flex Issues

Low tuning > God

2011 CALI AS1 STATE CHAMP

I had 2 12s on a Powerbass xta 5k at .5 daily, now Im running them on a DD m3 at .5 daily

i'd love to see clamp numbers, I highly doubt you're pushing more than 3k rms daily to a pair, DAILY as in you can play a whole song full tilt within tuning, then another song, without stopping to let the coils cool down. I had my pair on a 3.5k at .5, sending them the cleanest signal I could but they were still catching hell not matter what song I played, coils never got stinky because I didn't let them play that long. They are underrated but not underrated to take 2500rms a piece. To the op I wouldn't go more than 900rms daily to each sub.

Aren't you kinda saying you're doing the same thing? 3.5k at .5 (not putting imp rise into any of this cause it differs too much per set up) on an amp which does more than 3.5k at 1 ohm, but you're at half...wouldn't this make you closer to 4.5k, which then divided by two isn't too far from 2500 each. Granted that 5k at .5 is gonna be a lot more than 2500 as well as the m3, but yea.

:ehh:

well I did wire to .5 because I wasn't happy with my amps output at 2 ohm, but i'm not going around saying that my subs can take a 3500 at .5 daily because I know they can't take that kind of power for an extended period of time, or if I allow a low note to play full tilt all i'm gonna hear is the sub bottoming out.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

Ok, so I clamped my amp today. I used a 35hz tone because most of what I play is in the 30s. I was by myself, and do not have a remote, so these #s are 2 clicks below full tillt, volume 25/35 on my deck, when I get full output around vol 27 or 28. I couldnt get what I deemed a reliable read at that volume because the leads were shaking out, this is why I clamped at vol 25, as it was as high as I could go while keeping leads in inputs.

Results

Starting voltage 13.7, ending voltage 11.6.

Starting load .5ohm, ending load 1.54ohm

Ac amps (57.6) x AC volts (37.2)= 2142.72w

So I am clamping over 1k per sub while being 2 clicks below full output. The difference on the meter for me from 25 to 27 is about 1db, so Im pretty sure I would clamp upwards of 2500+ at volume 27 or 28. Will try and redo test with a friend so they can hold the leads in. So while people are right that we arent clamping full output from our amps, Im sure Im clamping about 2x rated to my subs. Not too shabby.

Team Flex Issues

Low tuning > God

2011 CALI AS1 STATE CHAMP