Mechman Alternators

Great customer service takes you long ways

just recently i had problems with my Mechman alternator, needless to say i contacted Eric which he is no longer with Mechman and told him about my bearing given out on my alt, Our emails where smooth and very helpful, I told him I was going on a vacation to UK and would send it in after I had gotten back. He said it was okay, Well when i got back and got on here(SMD forums) I seen Eric had said he was no longer with Mechman, I thought then I would have issues send it in so i gave them I call, Josh (I think that's who he said he was) answered and I was pleased of the great costumer service he had to offer me, He asked a few question about the alt problem i was having then he gave me my RMA number to send it in with the alternator. When i tracked my package it showed they had received it on Monday June 11, I figured it would take them a few days to look into my alternator and have it fixed, what surprised me was that on Tuesday June 12 I received an email with a tracking number from Mechman, I thought they had just sent it back with no repairs done to it so i called in and Micheal answered and I told him about my issue and gave him my RMA number, he looked into it then told me that the alternator had the bearings replaced and it had left the warehouse, I was shocked to know it took them less than 24 hours to have my alternator fixed and shipped back to me. This is the fastest and smoothest transaction I ever had to have something fixed and returned to me in such a short period of time. I'm just so great full of the customer service Mechman has to offer and will be coming to them for future alternator needs.

P.S.

wish i would have gotten some stickers with my alternator

Thats always nice when things work out smoothly, ill definately keep that in mind when i purchase my alt.

I live in Los Angeles and have a few high output alternators companies around me, one of the well known companies is just a 35 minute drive from me, why do i order from Mechman? well great customer service is one of the reasons i rather have mine shipped from them

No, my issue is that I was fucked out of money by Irragi. I was referring to the customer service, lately its been pretty sub par. My units work, except some units purchased but never installed. Communications just left me feeling alienated.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

i do agree forum activity has not been good since Eric left but i think people rather have them working on the alts then to be spending time in a forum, for me they still have the good customer service when you give them a call

True, worst thing is I work in a hospital now with strict day time hours. I've been using email, got some replies on a Sunday and was basically told I should be happy he was even responding to my emails on a Sunday. Um...I'm sorry, where in the world where was I expecting that? Just felt completely alienated and annoyed so I said fuck it.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

T I've been using email, got some replies on a Sunday and was basically told I should be happy he was even responding to my emails on a Sunday. Um...I'm sorry, where in the world where was I expecting that? Just felt completely alienated and annoyed so I said fuck it.

I can post our thread of e-mails if you want, I think that most people would read them and fail to see where our service is lacking.

I replied to all of your e-mails in a timely fasion. You purchased the units over a year and a half ago, and are just now contacting us for technical support. We are more than happy to assist your mechanic in troubleshooting what you have, but we have to KNOW WHICH ALTERNATORS you bought in order to help you. You lost your invoice, and do not remember what part number alternators you bought- no big deal. I even offered to identify them visually if you just sent me some pictures of what you have- at which point you got upset and said you were dis-satisfied with our service. I don't know what more we can do to help you out.