Reminder: fuse EVERYTHING

cheap insurance for sure. glad it was caught in time. Not to highjack the thread, but does anyone know if the remote turn on from the radio will pop the radio fuse if grounded out? that's the only unfused B+ in my system.

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

cheap insurance for sure. glad it was caught in time. Not to highjack the thread, but does anyone know if the remote turn on from the radio will pop the radio fuse if grounded out? that's the only unfused B+ in my system.

Need to look at a wiring diagram for your specific vehicle to know that ;)

I got a fuse after my front battery. None before back batts. But I have insurance for a reason, plus I want a new car lol.

Autocorrect fail

Why even waste any money on the front fuse and the time puttin it in? And hopefully the insurance can protect your family when you guys are sleeping at night and your car (which is a blazing inferno around 1:00 in the morning) catches your house on fire and your scrambling out in a panic (assuming you can wake up in time)

Not trying to be an ass, but shit can get serious real quick when you least expect it.

Each one of these threads should be stickied so newcomers that might not know this stuff have a chance to see this.

My Channel on YouTube. Check it out for cinematic-style Car Audio videos.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcSMhtT-rpopJbdybubDgnQ

New 2014 Scion TC 4th Wall Build

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/217173-2014-tc-4th-order-build-3-fi-sp4-15s/

Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to be installing my Stinger volt meter in a couple of days and glad I saw this. But how big of a fuse should I use? I saw a 3 amp in that pic so would a 5 amp I have work fine?

HU: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X791

Fronts: Image Dynamics CTX65CS

Rears: Image Dynamics CTX69

Subs: 2, 12" Boston Acoustics G5 w/ GTR passive radiators

4-channel amp: MB Quart ONX4.125

Sub amp: Kicker ZX750.1 ('07 model, 926 watts RMS @ 2ohms rated)

1/0 awg Rockford Fosgate & KnuKonceptz wiring all around

XS Power D5100R main battery

Coming soon: Mechman 220 amp alternator & Sundown Audio 125.4

I got a fuse after my front battery. None before back batts. But I have insurance for a reason, plus I want a new car lol.

Autocorrect fail

Why even waste any money on the front fuse and the time puttin it in? And hopefully the insurance can protect your family when you guys are sleeping at night and your car (which is a blazing inferno around 1:00 in the morning) catches your house on fire and your scrambling out in a panic (assuming you can wake up in time)

Not trying to be an ass, but shit can get serious real quick when you least expect it.

Yeah. It took me less than 15 seconds to notice the smoke, run to the back of the car, and rip the wires out. Even at that, stuff was beginning to reach ignition temperature. And I was in a driveway doing 1mph when it happened. if you are sleeping / driving on the road, it will be more time. If it happens with a power wire, you can't exaactly rip it out in a hurry.

Each one of these threads should be stickied so newcomers that might not know this stuff have a chance to see this.

Better yet: a basic safety checklist ;)

Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to be installing my Stinger volt meter in a couple of days and glad I saw this. But how big of a fuse should I use? I saw a 3 amp in that pic so would a 5 amp I have work fine?

5 amp should work. IMHO, 1 amp should work. Those meters don't draw a ton of power. I jused 3 amp because that is what the fuse holder was rated at