Sonic Electronix

hope you aren't going to be one of those people who goes around advertising your stereo annoying anyone with in an earshot cause that aint cool .

pre-fab boxes are better than nothing , but you could do alot better , ported is overall louder than sealed . if you have a volt meter , check what your ohm load is for your subs , some amps that are rated at 2 ohms will run at lower ohm loads , but they make less power at lower ohm loads . also your placement of the subs could be part of your low output . more specifically about placement , standing waives canceling out sound

They are 4ohm subs wired parallel to make a 2 ohm load at the amp

So with all you ppls experience having the 2 12's and kicker 400.1 and lets say i get a custom made box should they be pretty loud? Even outside the car? An should the bass be felt outside the car atleast a little?

I understand i cant expect much from this set up but it should be decent atleast right?

I wouldn't expect to feel any bass outside of my car and I'm putting 1000WRMS to 2 15s. Making a custom box might help but it looks like you lack power and the box is just a bandaid. You could get loud building a T-Line box but you'd need a van to put it in and a degree in theoretical physics to build the damned thing without experience.

I'm gonna hate

If i change my box would it really make a difference? Their currently in a cheapy pre made 60 dollar ported box

And the viehcle is a 99 mazda protege

Like everyone else said make a box yourself or get someone with box making experience too. It's definitely a good learning experience and there's a sense of satisfaction after your done even if the box you made is ass. And since you have a trunk car see if you can port through the rear deck. On my rear deck I have 4 speaker holes cut and I only have 3 speakers in so I plan to do an aeroport through a speaker hole so I can get all of the air movement into my cabin. You should try something like that, hope it made sense.

If i change my box would it really make a difference? Their currently in a cheapy pre made 60 dollar ported box

And the viehcle is a 99 mazda protege

Trunk cars are really hard to get loud in, ON THE OUTSIDE. Not saying that you should be an asshat and go bumpin everywhere but still.. SUVs and trucks are usually easier to get louder on the outside of the car.

Kenwood HU

Kicker ZX2500.1

15" Kicker L7 (x2)

Memphis 1/0 Wires

9^3 @ 31hz

DC Power SP 250 Alt.

2 Deka "Intimidater" Batteries

Big 3

Stock door speakers (For now)

sometimes with a trunk car you can pickup some loudness inside if you can figure out a way to open the trunk into the cab . i had a buick century and i moded the back seat arm rest so i could open it and go thru to the trunk , that did help get a little more volume . thought about building a fourth order that would dump through the rear deck or the back seat , but i don't think i would be happy with the sound of a fourth order .

lol..why are you so worried about being heard outside of the car? do you drive from the top of your roof?

2x sundown audio sa 12's

Crescendo BC2000

kinetik 1800, 1400.

Rockford punch 5,25 component set

MB QUART ONYX 4.80

Mechman 270a alt

hold up. are the subs dual 4 or single 4, in that case a parallel wiring would give you a 2ohm load.

at that power you probably won't be able to turn many heads, I'm running 500wrms in my car and it's not too loud outside of the car... you hear the mids and highs more than you do bass and mids and highs are only powered by the HU

Edit: 2 single 4 subs will give you an impedence of 2 ohms wired in parallel

Edited by Crandis16