Second Skin Audio

2 12's or 1 15?

I have a SA 12 currently in my 08 charger. I was thinking of getting another or I found a DC lvl 4 15 m1 w/ lvl 5 softparts for a decent price. I have never had a 15 so I really dont know how they sound and I would only be able to fit one in my trunk. I listen to mainly rap and rock almost 50/50. But I love my bass loud and low. lol. Either rought will be powerd by a BRZ1700. I know enclosure is one of the main factors, but any input would be much appreciated. Thanks in advanced.

15's response aren't as bad as some people make it sound, 1 15" will respond fast enough for ur rock music, it's mostly dependent upon the box you have it in..

2 12's would be louder, i'd go with that option.. but 12's and 15's produce slightly different sound so it's up to you

15's response aren't as bad as some people make it sound, 1 15" will respond fast enough for ur rock music, it's mostly dependent upon the box you have it in..

2 12's would be louder, i'd go with that option.. but 12's and 15's produce slightly different sound so it's up to you

you sir do not know what you are talking about. a different sound? sit back and learn before you go giving other members false information.

OP, no vs threads.

2 12s more cone area so if you want it louder go with that but box may be slightly bigger. but that 15 isnt a toy either. this is why we dont have vs threads because there isnt always a right answer. both set ups can be put to gether to play all frequencies and play them well but we cant tell you which is louder or will sound better. there are too many variables. but a general rule is cone are is KING.

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

Yeah, either way will sound good if properly installed and setup right. I say 2 12's cause more cone area but who knows really.

The sound of the sub is dependent of the box and a few other things, not the size

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

24nr3hs.jpg

i've heard some 12's and some 15's same brand & model, the 15's made deeper bass, maybe that's just cuz it was louder though idk. guy said his 15's played deeper >_>

I wasn't trying to make a vs thread just trying to get peoples opinions on what they prefer and there experiences. Like I said I've only had 12's and 10's. I think I may try the 15 just to try it out. Worst case I don't like it and I just get another 12 and sell the 15. I guess I wanna broaden my horizon. Lol. Again sorry for a vs thread should of left brands out of it.

Also thanks for all the input and help.

Edited by tlh_360

i've heard some 12's and some 15's same brand & model, the 15's made deeper bass, maybe that's just cuz it was louder though idk. guy said his 15's played deeper >_>

its all about the driver itself....research some yourself before you start posting bad advice man...not to be a dick, but seriously, research some more....my 2 12s in my blazer hit a 141@37Hz with ~1kw going to them...thats loud, and low.

It all comes down to the driver itself, the enclosure, and how they fit with the vehicle you're putting it in if you wanna get that technical. (I'm not saying the sound wave produced by a 8 is different from a 10, 12, etc., I'm talking about things more on the actual acoustic properties of the vehicle and what not)

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.