Attaching MDF to sheet metal?

I was going to type a long post telling you what I'm working on and such but I figured no one cared enough. Bottom line, I'm relocating a factory piece. My solution was to glue MDF to the sheet metal and screw everything to that. I used the strongest Loctite adhesive I had and applied pressure for about ten minutes to the wood. I also scuffed up the paint with sandpaper before applying adhesive. Even after waiting 30 minutes the board wanted to peel right off with little effort. I'm leaving it overnight but I doubt it will help. (It is quite hot and humid which could have affected the drying)

So, bottom line, is there a better way for me to do this or should I find another way to mount what I need?

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

It was Loctite 375 Heavy Duty Adhesive. http://www.loctiteproducts.com/p/pl_ca_375_voc/overview/Loctite-PL-375-Heavy-Duty-Construction-Adhesive.htm

It was the best stuff I had and the closest product to Liquid Nails.

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

recently i grabbed some two part putty that is supposed to dry as hard as steel. drill a hole in the sheet metal, pack a bunch of this putty on, wait an hour for it to cure, then drill and tap a hole in the putty. dont use self drilling/tapping screws though. then put a bunch of silicone between the mdf and the sheet metal. screw on your mounting rings and let the silicone dry.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

The sheet metal I'm attaching to is the cars body. Drilling holes is the biggest no no. I will swing by Autozone or Home Depot after work today and see what they have.

Big 3 with Yellow Top

Thanks for the suggestions guys. The stuff I used never even dried, the board peeled right off. But while at work a simple solution shot into my head. We already completed the job and it didn't require glue. Thanks for the help though!

Big 3 with Yellow Top

Archived