instead of using pipe dope or teflon tape, use red thread locker.

loctite_threadlocker.gif

once it dries it is just as good and seals quite nicely with no chance of getting "chunks of putty" of tape strands stuck in the valves or ports of the bags.

2003 Chevy Avalanche Z66

Headunit: Pioneer AVIC-F700BT

Amps: US Amps XT4000D, US Amps XT 1600.4

Front Stage: CDT Audio EF-61FG 6 1/2" components

Rear: Pioneer coax's

Sub Stage: RE SE15D4's

well i dont like the idea of that loc tight stuff on the valves...

i could have bought some more parts for the air setup BUT i found some original seats for my civic that i wanted more... so that took 100bucks temporary from the build... LOL

my old seats where from a newer civic and they didnt sit level plus didnt match and i didnt like that... and the week before i spent another 100bucks for a twinloop muffler cause the old fart can was driving me nuts!!!!

heres alittle BEFORE/during/AFTER video of my old turd muffer.

and IVE ALSO DECIDED..... to just spend the tax check on all the other air parts i need..... and then my civic will just need some minor stereo upgrades/alarm system for it first and then just body work which just takes awhile to do myself.LOL so instead of puting my tax check on Credit cards.... im gonna buy everything i need all at once! and then instead of spending money on my cars for awhile ill start paying on the credit cards....

SO NOW i just awaiting for my W2 to come so i can do my taxes quickly..... and get that anticipation refund check quickly ;)

truckcleaned-07-1.jpg

pipe dope and teflon tape are not sealeants, they are lubricants, they lubricate the threads while threading into the threads. by lubricating the threads while wrenching it in allows the thread to go into the joint further with less resistence making a better joint, if you have to use a sealant on a threaded joint to keep it air-tight something is wrong with the joint and it will eventually Fail.

A properly threaded joint should have 3 to 3-1/2 threads showing.

Im a 12 yr PipeFitter I thread pipe Daily.

• 3 weeks later...

i wish but im to broke :(

i even put my used valves and air tanks on ebay hoping to get some cash for them at least what i paid for them...

i figure id probably be beter off having all new valves anways, plus the air tanks lines where to small ports and only 2 on each, so very limiting....

hardest part is deciding to either to spend the tax check and GETrDONE or put it on bills and keep piecing it together this time with new valves. :(

and plus another kick in the balls isi got the bills for all my liscence plate renewals are due in febuary :(

worst thing about owning multiple vehicles!!!!!!

truckcleaned-07-1.jpg

i wish but im to broke :(

i even put my used valves and air tanks on ebay hoping to get some cash for them at least what i paid for them...

i figure id probably be beter off having all new valves anways, plus the air tanks lines where to small ports and only 2 on each, so very limiting....

hardest part is deciding to either to spend the tax check and GETrDONE or put it on bills and keep piecing it together this time with new valves. :(

and plus another kick in the balls isi got the bills for all my liscence plate renewals are due in febuary :(

worst thing about owning multiple vehicles!!!!!!

lol, both my tags are expired as of october 07. i actually just got a ticket in the civic the other morngin for it, so i guess its time to go get them renewed.

• 1 month later...

slight update :(

ya well lately decided to sell my air stuff :(

at least looks like ill get my money back outta my cylinders as well..... i got em up on ebay.... i figure after i do get all my credit cards paid off then ill start saving for all new air parts...... thats if i still have my 94 civic..... tho i may slap it on my 99 but im not to sure yet. depends how long it will take me to get my bills paid off completly :(

truckcleaned-07-1.jpg

ya well ALMOST official..... i got 3times as much from the cylinders.LOL

im SHOCKED! 330bucks! and i gave him alittle discount on the shiping 11bucks off shiping for actual shiping, and selling him my 50ft air line for 30bucks extra. so i SHOULD be getting 399bucks for the 4cylinders, brackets, and air line.

I WAS SO SHOCKED when that ebay listing just kept going up in the last minute! hahahahaha

i really wish i could have air ride on my civic BUT i need to get these dam credit cards paid off! im tired of just throwing money away every month!!!!!!

now im just waiting for the guy to pay thru paypal and ill go run those parts out to be shiped and put the cash right on afew credit cards!

tho dont think ya wont see me back in this section! I WILL BE BACK TO GET 1 OF MY VEHICLES ON AIR SUSPENSION!

tho i do have a small project with air that i do want to do with some of the parts i got now...... can you say...... TRAIN HORN ;)

i got valves, tanks, so i just need the horns really. ill worry about compressor later. i dont plan on using it to much so ill just hook up a fill nosel to the air tank. very simple there. should REALLY freak out my tire shop when they get ready to pull the car in for tires. LMFAO

and most important make the guy thats drifting into my lane THINK FAST!

im tired of thinking im gonna get rammed into the concrete construction barriers! and ran off the road!

thanks for your help guys! i do highly appreciate it! i will not forget your good information and tips!

truckcleaned-07-1.jpg