Yessir

Gobs of hot glue to hold the dustcap down. If the POS epoxy holds, so be it. If not, it's easy to take this off so I can glue it up proper. If worst comes to worst and the recones are ruined because of the epoxy, I'm not repairing them. Don't have the money to throw at recones. Audio fund is a bit dry right now

FOT7D9F_zpsdce4cc09.jpg

Lol I'm planning on the spiders ripping up off the basket anyway. Actually that's kind of what I'm hoping for

Lol you put that crappy epoxy on recones?!?!? Man, let the homeboys know before you risk a $130 recone, I would have gladly sent you some CA glue.

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

I have CA glue. Well... Now I do.

The store I got the epoxy at said it was good epoxy and stronger than CA. I went with it, and the stuff won't harden. It just gells up.

I got some CA online and when it cane in, I tried to chisel the spiders up off the landing so I could give them a proper glue job. Well they aren't coming up very easily and I don't want to force it and destroy new recones.

So I decided to glue the surrounds and dustcap with something temporary - hot glue. I'm expecting the epoxy to fail and let the spiders pull of the landing. I don't want to fuss with trying to remove the dust cap to re-shim/re-glue down the road.

So that's where I'm at right now. At this point the best thing that can happen is the spiders cleanly pull up off the landing so I can re-glue with CA

Well.... The epoxy held better than I thought. I couldn't get it to rip off the landing :( Maybe it will take a few days?

And to the guys asking about break in: I wouldn't tell you do to anything I wouldn't do myself. Get them moving a bit to knock the initial stiffness off the spiders then play them. No need for a separate break in process

Archived