Been playing around with things lately. By the time I get the box small enough to get the mechanical control I need to give them some juice, it's soooo small that it kills the efficiency. At least as far as music boxes go. Soooooooo I'm going to retire the 12s. Not chasing any more numbers with them. I'll be using them - you better believe it, but I'm not doing anything else with them as far as boxes go.

However I will have a 'lil somethin-somethin coming up in a few weeks. IDGAF what this one will do for numbers. If they play/sound anything like my 12s did in my old black box with the white port, I'll be a happy guy. Didn't put up numbers to save it's life, but it had a HUGE bandwidth, from 22-24hz up to the low 60s. Sounded louder to the ear than any of my other boxed did too. And that's what I'm going for on this one - how it sounds to the ear :)

Quick model of the box. No, it's not 1 layer thick. It's 1.5", but the layers underneath are staggered so it only looks like there's 1

Capture_zps8f39df5f.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Threw a 6" aero in the box today. Funny.... Sounds a fair bit louder to the ear but falls on it's face on the meter. I feel like my car is giving me the finger LOL. Whatever though. Makes life easier for me. I know what sounds good and sounds loud in my car vs. trying to play the meter game.

Makes it tough since lots of the folks here are into competing and all put it stupid big numbers. But ohh well. Demoing is fun too :)

Tomorrow should be interesting

FOTFCEA_zps6fdcf623.png

personally i think being able to play loud and low is more impressive then just playing loud on the meter. :)

welcome to the fun side of audio ;)

I think you have a bit of truck stuck in your mud bro

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470
1/0ga stinger wiring for big 3
1/0ga ofc flextech wiring

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

in a 27Hz tuned ported box

LE BUILD LOG!!!

personally i think being able to play loud and low is more impressive then just playing loud on the meter. :)

welcome to the fun side of audio ;)

Exactly...love feeling like its loud and enjoying it, then chasin numbers.

That's what I've always done. Figured I'd try something different for a change. More I tried to do it the less happy I was lol.

BUT now I'm really happy.

Got a box in the mail

What a beautiful box it is too. I mean.. This is real quality stuff. I wish all boxes were like this.

6286ca07-f096-4c10-9993-77bb91293e55_zps

WP_20131115_017_zps0802c6fc.jpg

I know what was in there :peepwall:

2002 Honda CR-V
Alpine 9887

My Build

Rebuilding...

Second Skin Damp
4 DC XL 15's
2 DC 5ks
Singer 320 amp
6 cap banks
Sky High wire
2 VM-1's
OM-1

all under window line

Team DC Audio

Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.

EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way.

I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.

Archived