Sundown Audio

Hey, I have 3 SA8 v2 D4s that I am going to be powering by a SAZ1500 v2 going into a 1999 Jeep Cherokee and I have already gotten a enclosure designed by a member here which looks great, but I just want to know if you guys have anything to say about it or if there is anything that I can do to improve it. By the stats I was given by him itll be tuned ti 32hz, with 1.8 cubes, and 27 sqaure inches of port. Heres the design drawing.

3sa3v2.png

3sa8v3.png

And I made my own cutsheet

CutsheetLabels.png

CutsheetDimension-1.png

I'm trying to start bulding this this week but I just wanted to make sure that everything is right before I start cutting. If you see anything that can be improved, or if you have any feedback at all on it, please let me know.

Edited by 2K XJ

1999 Jeep Cherokee SportLifted on 31'sPopcorn Sounds AX6000.1 w/ AA 500.1 "THE F1X" board4 Obsidian Audio OA15's

C pillar wall @ 29hz

^^^work in progress^^^

• 2 weeks later...

could i use this box for three skar vvx 8"

4 kicker ks 60

1"AMERICAN BASS DOMES

RE DTS 80X2

AMERICAN BASS xd2000

2 OBSIDIAN 15D2

ALL KNU WIRING & RCA

THE BIG THREE

1.5FARAD MASSIVE AUDIO CAP

2.0FARAD MASSIVE AUDIO CAP

98 JEEP CHEROKEE

avic930

optima red top

american bass sq2000

From my limited amount of knowledge...yes. From the Skar site, they say the VVX 8's need .5-.75 ft^3 per sub, so the airspace in this box is .6^3 per sub so that works out. They also recommend tuning at 32 hz, which is exactly what this box is. So, if you're okay with the dimensions and it'll fit in your car then it should sound good. But again, I'm not exactly the best person to ask that question...you might want to get a second opinion before you go building.

1999 Jeep Cherokee SportLifted on 31'sPopcorn Sounds AX6000.1 w/ AA 500.1 "THE F1X" board4 Obsidian Audio OA15's

C pillar wall @ 29hz

^^^work in progress^^^

could i use this box for three skar vvx 8"

no i think its too big

From my limited amount of knowledge...yes. From the Skar site, they say the VVX 8's need .5-.75 ft^3 per sub, so the airspace in this box is .6^3 per sub so that works out. They also recommend tuning at 32 hz, which is exactly what this box is. So, if you're okay with the dimensions and it'll fit in your car then it should sound good. But again, I'm not exactly the best person to ask that question...you might want to get a second opinion before you go building.

for the skar's I would recommend .45 cubes per vvx-8

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

Looks very familiar,

What's wrong with what you started building

Theres nothing wrong. I was just posting in the Sundown section to make sure everything would work out great. I just thought that people who had ran sundown products first hand might have a little to add before I started on my first box. There was nothing wrong with your box, I was just looking for more feedback.

C pillar wall @ 29hz

^^^work in progress^^^