Don's Jeep... Triple Alts Installed

Why is everyone ruling out the possibility of simply the batts failing? Seems like no one dares to say an xs power batt can fail. Regardless I hate to see that happen to anyone. Hope you can get it up and running as soon as possible!

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

If the fuses were good thats exactly what happened. Curious to know if they were brsnd new or what

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

All fuses were new, 350a. The batteries were about 3 years old or so ...they've been through some abuse, so I wouldn't rule them out.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

My money is on the batts ive got a yellow top in my basement that just blew up for no reason in the basement

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I still haven't been over there to check it out and take a good look, but it had to be some type of battery or current problem. We have wired and rewired it so many times and all connections were checked and double checked, so we can whole heartedly rule out installation error, so whoever the fuckstick is on Facebook that's running his mouth can kindly go suck a dogs dick.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

I don't think people were ruling out the batteries, just hasn't been talked about till now. Also to add, the batteries were 3 years old and prolly were charging higher than XS recommends? (like14.9'ish)? I am asking, not arguing, just simply trying to figure out what can happen when over charged.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

You're correct about the charging, they've been overcharged in the past, but since the Ampere's went in, we've kept the alt set at 14.8. Overcharging is what I meant by abuse...like 15 volts and higher lol.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

There are actually no notes, no blueprints, no nothing about the alt bracket. He searched for a bracket for dual alts, found one, but they wanted a shit ton of money AND you had to use the alts they supplied with their own custom cases and mounts, or, pay Mechman to make 2 of the same style alts for a hefty price tag....so we did a trial and error on mounting positions and belt configurations and Don was able to get it mounted on the power steering side bolts. Just need to make a final bracket and mount it safely.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Archived