Db Drag or Bass Race?

Twostrokeking

my exp with dbdrag is that its quick and easy to understand. with the cd they give us for tones i start at about 43-44hz and go up a track about every 2-3 sec untill i peak. say you start at 44hz and go up 5 tracks and get up to a 140 and then go up another 3 tracks and gain nothing so you then add 5 to your starting point and in a case like this it would put you at 49hz so the next run you do you want to start at 48-49. or atleast with the cd we use tracks 20-99 are just test tones and the track number is the freq of the test tone. hitting the right freq your first try will help to since that is when your batts will be at their fullest so make sure you remember where you peak at for the next competition you go to so that you can start right there at you peak freq. i lose about .1bd between the first run and second run just from voltage drop.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Lol I'm allways ignored list you equipment and how its installed I can tell you rougly what class your in db drag is cool to see how loud you are but there are pros in every class depending on where you are located so do expect to win but for exitmentand fun bass race is where its at

Again I am a judge I can help you

Because we all hate that you are right a lot LOL.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Unless there is part of the install I don't know about you would be in street stock class should be compitive in there its limited to a 2k amp so the most power you will go aganst is 2k not like street class's where I see guys with over 20k watts in power

So if you get a test run do a sweep at half to 3/4 vol yes the judge SHOULD have a test tone cd but not allways. Run a sweep fro? 20 to 40 hz then one from 40 to 80 hz

After the sweep ask what your peak freq is they will tell you it shows up on the computer the when qualifying use the freq they told you now the sweep method os not prefect it could be off by a few hz but will get you damn close so try a few hz up or down from what the computer tells you (try what the comp says frist tho)

And that will get you your loudest sealed score it will also tell you what bass race class you should try at your next comp being that you hav 8's it should be 129.9 alll day

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

he is right because he has been doing this for a good amount of time now

listen to the exp of others so you dont make the same mistakes. a smart man learns from their mistakes, a genius learns from the mistakes of others and doesnt make the same mistakes.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

he is right because he has been doing this for a good amount of time now

listen to the exp of others so you dont make the same mistakes. a smart man learns from their mistakes, a genius learns from the mistakes of others and doesnt make the same mistakes.

No shit, dude. I know him, just giving him a hard time.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

I must be fucking smart then with all the mistakes I make I don't normaly make the same mistake twice tho

And I would hope to be right a lot as long as I have been doing this if I didn't learn anything I would be a total dumbass

Unless there is part of the install I don't know about you would be in street stock class should be compitive in there its limited to a 2k amp so the most power you will go aganst is 2k not like street class's where I see guys with over 20k watts in power

So if you get a test run do a sweep at half to 3/4 vol yes the judge SHOULD have a test tone cd but not allways. Run a sweep fro? 20 to 40 hz then one from 40 to 80 hz

After the sweep ask what your peak freq is they will tell you it shows up on the computer the when qualifying use the freq they told you now the sweep method os not prefect it could be off by a few hz but will get you damn close so try a few hz up or down from what the computer tells you (try what the comp says frist tho)

And that will get you your loudest sealed score it will also tell you what bass race class you should try at your next comp being that you hav 8's it should be 129.9 alll day

Huge help! Thanks bro! So then when I do compete after testing I go full tilt? Am i aloud to be in the vehicle to adjust volume so i dont ruin shit? and what exactly is a sweeep haha. Sorry i guess im confused on the 20-40 hz. thing. is that one track or what

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
Spending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

yes, one track that will play 20,21,22,23,24...etc all the way to 40hz

They can tell on the computer (termlab) which note is the loudest

Testing usually 1/2-3/4 volume

On your actual run go full tilt, if the subs can take it. Go as loud as you want.

Team Flex Issues

Depending on the show and judge if you can sit in the car at our 1x events we allow you to sit in the car when its a multi point you can not sit in the car well you can but you can only sit in there if your 140 dbs or lower if you sit in the car at a multi point and let's say hit a 152.x we would have to change your score to a 140

On the db drag cds they have a tone sweep that starts at 20 hz stops at 40 hz but it sweeps fast like 4 seconds to do the whole sweep then the next. 80 :+track will be from 40hz to 80 hz

There are other much slower sweeps don't use them

Archived